John Terry

Farlz

5 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Anyone who has a strong opinion on this should be put on ignore. None of us know what influence he has on the team. None of us know what the level of our defence would be before or after him. 

Just 100% speculation with no basis. 

What we do know is that he is very new to this coaching lark and neither him, Smith nor O'Kelly had any top flight coaching experience before this season. It probably would have been a good idea to get someone in alongside them that did. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What we do know is that he is very new to this coaching lark and neither him, Smith nor O'Kelly had any top flight coaching experience before this season. It probably would have been a good idea to get someone in alongside them that did. 

And many new guys had major influence with teams depending on the team they moved onto next. Aka arteta. 

How much better is arteta setting cones than Terry? 

We have no idea...

Edited by Bugzy1991

On 26/02/2020 at 20:31, Bugzy1991 said:

And many new guys had major influence with teams depending on the team they moved onto next. Aka arteta. 

How much better is arteta setting cones than Terry? 

We have no idea...

Arteta had quite a few years of PL coaching/assistant managerial experience inside one of the best setups in the country tbf. 

• Like 3

On 25/02/2020 at 11:54, rodders0223 said:

Coaching doesn't work like that, it isn't FM. I am sure JT talks closely with the defenders and gives them advice on certain situations. He doesn't coach the defence whilst Dean Smith is off with the attackers. That's madness.

What's the point in defensive coaches and attacking coaches? Most clubs have a whole host of coaches. More than needed probably. Isn't it Liverpool who have a throw in coach?? Do you think all players would be needed for that? 

I don't doubt for a second that there would be times when the whole group would be together, of course there would be. But to think different positions of the pitch wouldn't be put through different sessions is very naive in my opinion. There would be sessions where they work against each other bringing everything together that they've just been through.

My old man played at the top level, granted a long time ago, but that's exactly how he coaches. Because that's how he was coached. 

I guess, ultimately, we don't know. But, I think it would be naive to think that they wouldn't be split up. I don't understand how thinking that way would be 'FM'.

Edited by Mjvilla

During all my years watching Villa all the praise and crticism in the main has been apportioned to the Manager or head Coach.

Its mighty unusual for the coaches to be singled out for things going wrong.....fundamentally, they do as they are told and if John Terry is a problem, Dean would presumably not condone it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, lexicon said:

Arteta had quite a few years of PL coaching/assistant managerial experience inside one of the best setups in the country tbf. 

So did phelan. Likely had more influence over United training during fergies days than arteta did. 

Edited by Bugzy1991

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

During all my years watching Villa all the praise and crticism in the main has been apportioned to the Manager or head Coach.

Its mighty unusual for the coaches to be singled out for things going wrong.....fundamentally, they do as they are told and if John Terry is a problem, Dean would presumably not condone it.

I'm not blaming Terry as an individual in the slightest. I've even said in a previous post that I don't think the coaching staff is working as a whole and I think that's our problem. Smith will take the majority of the flak, because he's the manager and he fronts it. Perhaps rightly so too, but some posters are blaming Smith completely. I don't think just Smith is the problem, it's the collective. If Smith was to leave and someone else to come in with this coaching staff, I don't think much difference would be had. 

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm not blaming Terry as an individual in the slightest. I've even said in a previous post that I don't think the coaching staff is working as a whole and I think that's our problem. Smith will take the majority of the flak, because he's the manager and he fronts it. Perhaps rightly so too, but some posters are blaming Smith completely. I don't think just Smith is the problem, it's the collective. If Smith was to leave and someone else to come in with this coaching staff, I don't think much difference would be had. 

Personally, I have no idea what happens at BMH, i am simply not privvy to any goings on.....so, I could not in all honesty, give a meaningful opinion.

• Like 2

On 29/02/2020 at 12:46, Mjvilla said:

What's the point in defensive coaches and attacking coaches? Most clubs have a whole host of coaches. More than needed probably. Isn't it Liverpool who have a throw in coach?? Do you think all players would be needed for that? 

I don't doubt for a second that there would be times when the whole group would be together, of course there would be. But to think different positions of the pitch wouldn't be put through different sessions is very naive in my opinion. There would be sessions where they work against each other bringing everything together that they've just been through.

My old man played at the top level, granted a long time ago, but that's exactly how he coaches. Because that's how he was coached. 

I guess, ultimately, we don't know. But, I think it would be naive to think that they wouldn't be split up. I don't understand how thinking that way would be 'FM'.

I would have thought each individual player has his own development programme, where his individual weaknesses are worked on.......then its all put together collectively, in other training sessions.

as an example......Jack worked on this strength building  with ollie stevenson, when he was recovering from his kidney injury.

but that is just speculation from me....I have no idea what they do.

The ministers for propaganda at Villa have definatly noticed Terry is getting called out by the fans on tiwtter etc.

If you watch the training videos, the last few weeks the camera has honed in on Terry and you can hear him barking out mr motivator style bs to the players.

It didn't happen earlier on in the season but it has now.

a suspicious PR exercise ? a clue about whats about to unfold? smith to "mutual consent" and terry to take the reigns?

13 hours ago, screwdriver said:

The ministers for propaganda at Villa have definatly noticed Terry is getting called out by the fans on tiwtter etc.

If you watch the training videos, the last few weeks the camera has honed in on Terry and you can hear him barking out mr motivator style bs to the players.

It didn't happen earlier on in the season but it has now.

a suspicious PR exercise ? a clue about whats about to unfold? smith to "mutual consent" and terry to take the reigns?

I really really hope so

Â