John Terry

Farlz

Let's not turn against JT. We have no idea how much influence he has, what he's contracted to do, what mistakes he's made, etc. A lot of this thread is just people jumping to conclusions, and people turning against a top player who gave us a good season and has always spoken highly of the club.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Let's not turn against JT. We have no idea how much influence he has, what he's contracted to do, what mistakes he's made, etc. A lot of this thread is just people jumping to conclusions, and people turning against a top player who gave us a good season and has always spoken highly of the club.

... and chose to stay with us as a coach even though he undoubtedly had plenty of other offers on the table.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

... and chose to stay with us as a coach even though he undoubtedly had plenty of other offers on the table.

Did he? Was 5 months from his last game at Villa and him getting a coaching role here

Was hardly in demand by sounds of it

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did he? Was 5 months from his last game at Villa and him getting a coaching role here

Was hardly in demand by sounds of it

Spartak Moscow wanted him & it was reported he had a medical there. Was also rumoured his pal Frank offered him a job.

Those are just what I recall without too much struggle. No doubt more research would uncover others.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2019 at 05:16, LakotaDakota said:

Lampard is the easy & cheap option. Abramovich still has visa issues so isn't as involved as he was. Lampard would jump at the chance to manage Chelsea (even on an initial 18 month contract so they could bin him cheaply if it goes wrong) and they only have to look what Solskjaer has done at United to instantly transform a completely toxic club around.

What Chelsea fan wouldn't have far more patience when things go wrong if Lampard & Terry were there.

Also they were two of the names credited with guiding the team to the Champions League victory, while RDM played football manager buying every expensive player he could get his hands on.

On 20/02/2019 at 07:45, AvfcRigo82 said:

After reading @LakotaDakota & @Zatman's comments regarding Lampard & Terry.

I do think there is legs in this that would see Lampard potentially return to Chelsea as manager with JT as his assistant, especially if he gets Derby far in the play offs or even promoted?

Be under no illusion the relationship between Lampard, Terry & Abramovich. Both players where there almost as long as he was and would have a better relationship.

I agree Sarri's days look numbered and will be gone come May.

So there is potential for these two to replace Sarri come June.

As for the size of the job/club and how they would both cope if they did become Chelsea's next 1 & 2 is a different matter but I think they would do okay myself.

So you've read two posters comments that are completely unfounded and hypothetical and decided this is what's going to happen. Then at the same time say it's time for terry to go because he doesn't love the club?

Villatalk....it never lets you down.

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

So you've read two posters comments that are completely unfounded and hypothetical and decided this is what's going to happen. Then at the same time say it's time for terry to go because he doesn't love the club?

Villatalk....it never lets you down.

I see the word's "Potential" have been royal missed twice in my post.

Also, If Terry is not putting in the desired effort here then he may as well go to Chelsea is my suggestion, but we have no insider privvy. Just makes you wonder don't it. - Again it's all if's and buts.

I fail to see what is wrong in my posts but I have not jumped to any conclusions or nailed on anything as a certainty like you're trying to suggust.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Just watching JT on Sky's League Cup Final coverage, and he's talking like someone who has been discussing things behind the scenes with Chelsea staff and players. Think there's a strong chance of him getting involved next season. But as I said above, I don't think we can judge this until we have tangible evidence that he's neglecting his Villa duties.

Edited by KentVillan

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Just watching JT on Sky's League Cup Final coverage, and he's talking like someone who has been discussing things behind the scenes with Chelsea staff and players. Think there's a strong chance of him getting involved next season. But as I said above, I don't think we can judge this until we have tangible evidence that he's neglecting his Villa duties.

i dont think there is the insinuation that he's neglecting his villa duties per se, but seeing him at twickenham, chelsea games, pundit work etc it's just more and more evident that avfc is not his top priority. has he been able to watch the game back from yesterday ready for training tomorrow if he's had to work for sky today for example?

edit: and had some ITK info sent my way this week, the chance of him being involved with chelsea next (or even this) season are indeed strong

Edited by tomav84

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

He keeps referring to Chelsea as 'we' which while obviously he is Chelsea through and through and they aren't direct rivals any more, it is a bit jarring when he is being employed by us.  Normally there's a bit of professional courtesy from players in this kind of situation.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 2

Using the words we , us and our when talking about Chelsea at half time seems a bit odd - I get the fact he spent most of his career there but still being employed now by another club maybe he’d be better describing them as Chelsea rather than we , us and our .

• Like 2

Personally, i can't stand the guy.  Poor morals, etc.  See Wayne Bridge.

On the subject of the 'we, us' thing, i agree; he is employed by Aston Villa, those contexts should be reserved for his employer.

It's actually very pertinent to my own situation; i changed job in December, and i find myself saying "we" or "us" about my previous company (for whom i worked for nearly 5 years). 

It's a massive sign of disrespect, and it really bothers me when i notice myself saying those words.  So much so that i almost always correct myself.  That JT doesn't even attempt to correct himself speaks volumes to me.  I would rather he wasn't here given his self portrail in the media.  He clearly does not think of us as his home, and i think we need people right now who do.

It's a shame, as i think JT was an exceptional talent as a player, and that alone would carry huge weight in bringing top talent.  But as a coach, i think he is niaeve, and does not play the politics of his role very well.  Clearly not manager material just yet, as a manager needs to be a politician.

In that respect, Lampard is eons ahead of him.  I dont think he is the right fit for us right now, and hope he leaves in the summer.

Who could blame him for wanting to go and coach at a club he spent over 2 decades (and won pretty much everything you could win) at? Its not like Gareth Barry who jumped ship for a club who (at the time) were nothing but money... JT has worked his arse off for us... If he wants to go, I'd be gutted... But I wouldnt hold it against him for wanting to go back to his spiritual home

• Like 1

On 25/02/2019 at 04:27, tomav84 said:

i dont think there is the insinuation that he's neglecting his villa duties per se, but seeing him at twickenham, chelsea games, pundit work etc it's just more and more evident that avfc is not his top priority. has he been able to watch the game back from yesterday ready for training tomorrow if he's had to work for sky today for example?

edit: and had some ITK info sent my way this week, the chance of him being involved with chelsea next (or even this) season are indeed strong

Is it to assess the 42 players they have out on loan currently in order to see who bests suits our criteria for a transfer?

Seriously though, while I will take your ITK with a grain of salt, it wouldn't surprise me. Chelsea have dropped to 6th in the Premier League, correct?

There's no doubt he would be in the discussion to bring some leadership and guidance to the club should they need to look outside the current personnel.

Â