John Terry

Farlz

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cant see Chelsea appointing an unproven manager or even an Englishman

Lampard is the easy & cheap option. Abramovich still has visa issues so isn't as involved as he was. Lampard would jump at the chance to manage Chelsea (even on an initial 18 month contract so they could bin him cheaply if it goes wrong) and they only have to look what Solskjaer has done at United to instantly transform a completely toxic club around.

What Chelsea fan wouldn't have far more patience when things go wrong if Lampard & Terry were there.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Lampard is the easy & cheap option. Abramovich still has visa issues so isn't as involved as he was. Lampard would jump at the chance to manage Chelsea (even on an initial 18 month contract so they could bin him cheaply if it goes wrong) and they only have to look what Solskjaer has done at United to instantly transform a completely toxic club around.

What Chelsea fan wouldn't have far more patience when things go wrong if Lampard & Terry were there.

Well Lampard is on a 3 year contract now and imagine Derby paying him decent wages so probably not that cheap. Lampard also played with a number of these players so did Terry so be a lot riskier especially as probably friends with many of them

Also Solskjaer has worked temporarily but many others failed going back like Hoddle at Spurs or Shearer and Keegan part 2 at Newcastle

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well Lampard is on a 3 year contract now and imagine Derby paying him decent wages so probably not that cheap. Lampard also played with a number of these players so did Terry so be a lot riskier especially as probably friends with many of them

Also Solskjaer has worked temporarily but many others failed going back like Hoddle at Spurs or Shearer and Keegan part 2 at Newcastle

Chelsea don't care about 2/5 years down the road. Temporarily is fine. They still have a decent shot at top 4 & the Europa League this season.

Chelsea/United are far, far better than 14 of the teams in the premier league. They don't need a 200 page tactical analysis on how to beat Burnley, They just need someone to tell them to go and beat them and have a bit of fun while doing it. 8 times out of 10 they will beat them simply by being far better players.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

After reading @LakotaDakota & @Zatman's comments regarding Lampard & Terry.

I do think there is legs in this that would see Lampard potentially return to Chelsea as manager with JT as his assistant, especially if he gets Derby far in the play offs or even promoted?

Be under no illusion the relationship between Lampard, Terry & Abramovich. Both players where there almost as long as he was and would have a better relationship.

I agree Sarri's days look numbered and will be gone come May.

So there is potential for these two to replace Sarri come June.

As for the size of the job/club and how they would both cope if they did become Chelsea's next 1 & 2 is a different matter but I think they would do okay myself.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

After reading @LakotaDakota & @Zatman's comments regarding Lampard & Terry.

I do think there is legs in this that would see Lampard potentially return to Chelsea as manager with JT as his assistant, especially if he gets Derby far in the play offs or even promoted?

Be under no illusion the relationship between Lampard, Terry & Abramovich. Both players where there almost as long as he was and would have a better relationship.

I agree Sarri's days look numbered and will be gone come May.

So there is potential for these two to replace Sarri come June.

As for the size of the job/club and how they would both cope if they did become Chelsea's next 1 & 2 is a different matter but I think they would do okay myself.

I’m not convinced he’d want to work under Lampard. Yes they are good mates and have had a good playing career together. But he has ambitions to be head coach himself, why would he go back to chelsea to be under Lampard? If things went Pete tong he wouldn’t get his dream job as head coach there. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not convinced he’d want to work under Lampard. Yes they are good mates and have had a good playing career together. But he has ambitions to be head coach himself, why would he go back to chelsea to be under Lampard? If things went Pete tong he wouldn’t get his dream job as head coach there. 

I think he would.

He would take over as manager if Lampard left or got sacked imo. 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lampard hasnt pulled up many trees in Championship yet and Terry has even less experience. It would be madness decision 

Solskjaer and Zidane surrounded themselves with experience 

There are people seriously suggesting Emma Hayes, Think that would be madder...

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Meanwhile, John Terry has been delivering leadership speeches to the England Rugby team!

Whilst doing this and lording around down with Chelsea, surely he should be focusing more doing the things at the club he is employed by?

I thought the same. It was a bad look for him - and the fact he was watching some Chelsea youth (?) game last night (having watched them in the FA Cup on Monday). My perception is that we do not seem to be his first priority. Certainly wouldn't surprise me if something was afoot.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

I thought the same. It was a bad look for him - and the fact he was watching some Chelsea youth (?) game last night (having watched them in the FA Cup on Monday). My perception is that we do not seem to be his first priority. Certainly wouldn't surprise me if something was afoot.

Exactly.

Nothing like having another bit on the side eh JT?

The club are probably better off without him. He can leave the club as far as I'm corncerned as by the sounds of things he offers sod all here.

While it's nice Villa are allowing him to learn a new trade here I'm not sure keeping him for another season is in the best interest of the club.

Must be better more experienced coaches and assistants we could bring in.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly.

Nothing like having another bit on the side eh JT?

The club are probably better off without him. He can leave the club as far as I'm corncerned as by the sounds of things he offers sod all here.

How do you know any of this is his choice? For all we know he may want to move into BMH and be here 24/7 doing everything but has been told just to turn up for training & matchdays by the ginger/grey one

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 hours ago, sne said:

While it's nice Villa are allowing him to learn a new trade here I'm not sure keeping him for another season is in the best interest of the club.

Must be better more experienced coaches and assistants we could bring in.

Apperently JT and Susso get along really well . So it wouldnt surprise me if JT was offered a promotion of some sort....not neccesrily de throning smith. ...but maybe coaching the u23's.

maybe his relationship with Susso is why he has been distanced from 1st team coaching. 

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Apperently JT and Susso get along really well . So it wouldnt surprise me if JT was offered a promotion of some sort....not neccesrily de throning smith. ...but maybe coaching the u23's.

maybe his relationship with Susso is why he has been distanced from 1st team coaching. 

Without actually knowing what Terry is like as a coach I think that might be a role he's more suited to. :D 

But Delaney is it? Is doing a good job isn't he?

Making Terry head coach for the senior team would be a terrible idea IMO.

Not what we need now or in the summer or whenever. Way too soon for him.

• Like 1

Â