John Terry

Farlz

actually, I pretty much despised JT at chelsea.  I saw him beat Villa too many times.  And then there were several when he did it by bending the laws of the game (IMO of course).  It took me a dozen or so games of him playing well for Villa before I got over my utter dislike.   I do understand that getting the call (or no call) from the ref is part of the game.... but that doesn't mean I like it when it works against us.  He won me back when he started getting in the refs ear on dead balls - for Villa.  That was always a part of his game he was frustratingly good at - against Villa.  For me, he didn't completely overcome my bias against him.  But he was close enough that when he quit I could think of him with some fond appreciation.  That appreciation is continuing to gain ground as our defense looks more and more secure all the time.  That whole coaching thing.... huh, who knew?

I don't follow instagram, but I love it when the backroom staff shows they are as excited and proud as the players and us.  So that post alone wins some points.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

That is a ridiculous bit of skill and is made to look effortless.  Wish we could’ve had him five years ago.  Hope he’s enjoying the coaching role. 

if he isn't....he has a funny way of showing it.

Think the way JT celebrates when we score is that it's like he's still playing. I actually think so long as he's at villa teaching our youth he's happy. JT still being a part of a villa side and giving his knowledge of the game to our players is like hes still playing the game really but through other players.

He has unfinished business at villa, he was proper gutted when we didn't get promotion while he was playing. I think if JT is at the side of Smith leading the charge back to the premiere, if promotion happens while JT is around he will certainly feel as his task is finally complete.

I think JT will stay with us for some years though if we get promoted, I think he's got the same mind frame Smith has, he will learn the rite way and will coach just like Dean does, he will be one heck of a coach down the line I foresee it.

Edited by Dave-R

9 minutes ago, Rotterdam82 said:

3-8 = -5 x 6 ~ =24+8 #=[31} >63& £+$%34= *^€48 = I miss Dr Tone

That looks like you bashed a keyboard to death, it also looks like what my son is doing at school. I do not recognise the maths they do these days, thats if it is a mathamatical problem and not some craziness.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That looks like you bashed a keyboard to death, it also looks like what my son is doing at school. I do not recognise the maths they do these days, thats if it is a mathamatical problem and not some craziness.

I baffled myself :)

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â