Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

To be fair to Bacuna he didn't play badly last season, ok he was stupid with that red card... but in that game he was MOTM, and other games he played well. 

Edit: not saying he's the answer to any problems this year, just that's he wasn't terrible last year. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

To be fair to Bacuna he didn't play badly last season, ok he was stupid with that red card... but in that game he was MOTM, and other games he played well. 

Edit: not saying he's the answer to any problems this year, just that's he wasn't terrible last year. 

Doesn't matter, you will be bombarded by melodramatic posts along the lines of "If Bacuna is anywhere around this squad it will signal where we intend to go". "May as well throw in the towel" etc. :P

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doesn't matter, you will be bombarded by melodramatic posts along the lines of "If Bacuna is anywhere around this squad it will signal where we intend to go". "May as well throw in the towel" etc. :P

Bacuna shows desire even if he hasn't got the skills to match. He's not improved for a few years. It was him who inspired us v Reading away after a drab 1st half. We've now got a lot of players that have been leaders previously at their clubs who need to be the ones who inspire the team as they're better quality players. I think from a fan base we need a signing to get us off our seats. We need that spark. I'd love us to go in for Young and have him as our big outlay this summer. If not someone in that mould. An exciting direct winger. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't forget the classic "If he's the answer, then I don't want to know the question!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villakram said:

100% , we need to start trusting the "young" lads instead of this endless shorttermism and buying our way to the top mentality. 

You need a balance though, young prospects and experienced heads together. It should never be one or the other

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jim said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they finished above us next season.

It would shock Harry himself! ;)

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Unless we get our act together, they will have a better chance of top six than us.

We will and must. Even if we didn't they would not have a better chance of top 6 than us with or without Terry. :)

We may have our pre-season concerns but they will do well to end the season within 30 points of us. 

Back to transfers it is no shock that Mooy is on his way to Huddersfield in the PL if they are able/prepared to pay £10m for him. I think he could have done a job for us but is there any chance we are looking at Jackson Irvine from Burton who Clough admits they may struggle to hold onto instead? 

Been linked with Januzaj, would be a great signing imo. Something worth get excited over...

Seems like more speculation, rather than rumours with much real basis atm, but this is a more promising link than those to players at the end of their careers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John said:

It would not be a proper transfer window if we were not. Is it a potential loan deal and if so could we also loan Johnstone from the same club? ;)

Beat me to it. Can I loan the quote even though you have already used it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Been linked with Januzaj, would be a great signing imo. Something worth get excited over...

Seems like more speculation, rather than rumours with much real basis atm, but this is a more promising link than those to players at the end of their careers.

Him and Jack... that's an awful lot of ego for one squad to deal with given such poor achievement in their respective careers.

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Every player is capabale of cracking the odd goal from 20 yards, he just happened to do it in his first few games and has been living off that hypre ever since. It was Man U so that hype instantly quadruples. Has done nothing since.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

"If Bacuna is anywhere around this squad it will signal where we intend to go". "May as well throw in the towel"

• Like 1