Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

The deal to get John Terry here is surely going to be huge. If so, all I can say is, I hope that, however long he's here, he plays to his best ability and adds the quality and experience a player of his ilk should bring. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

@avfctransfers1

He's been the only real ITK I've seen on Twitter. He's very quiet at the moment though. 

Is that because it's Keith Wyness? He's banned from football for a few more weeks... 

• Like 4

If terry arrives then maybe time to switch to 3 at the back again? 

It would give Terry's ageing legs a little respite and cover (and is the current en vogue tactic) 

i'm not overly enamoured if the signing happens but cannot deny he has that win at all costs mentality we desperately need in the squad. 

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think Frank Lampard is Arry's nephew or something. 

Yep lampards mum was Harry's wife's sister .

regardIng terry - he's a winner on the pitch and that can only be a good thing and the chance to get villa up may be a good way to end his career . 

A big bonus related to promotion  may tempt him . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

We were told a few weeks ago we are only signing 3-4 players this summer, by Wyness himself.

I think i'm going to cry if 3 of those are Sam Johnstone, Glen Whelan and John Terry. 

Add potentially George Boyd into the mix that's the best part of circa £10-£11 mill per season in wages at least....in BruceWynessRoundXia we trust ???!! 

Saying that the Dr isn't Randy and posts (cryptic shit) on twitter..... so all is good right ? We aren't repeating past mistakes at all are we....?! 

(Its all subjective conjecture at present though tbf) 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Add potentially George Boyd into the mix that's the best part of circa £10-£11 mill per season in wages at least....in BruceWynessRoundXia we trust ???!! 

Saying that the Dr isn't Randy and posts (cryptic shit) on twitter..... so all is good right ? We aren't repeating past mistakes at all are we....?! 

(Its all subjective conjecture at present though tbf) 

I seem to remember you defending Lerner right up till the end? So it seems strange you are hitting at Xia so quickly.

43 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I seem to remember you defending Lerner right up till the end? So it seems strange you are hitting at Xia so quickly.

I did defend to a degree Lerner as having watched a game with the man and having the pleasure of his his company for a few hours I could see then his heart was in the right place and didn't deserve all of the vitriol. That said he is a major contributor to where we are now no denying that and some of it was totally deserved. I remember the early years of Lerners reign and the parallels to now are uncanny. I don't bow down to the cult of Xia as I've seen it all before. Results speak louder than twitter and ours haven't been great as of yet. Time will tell jury open for me in regards to Dr Xia. He is saying the right things for sure but I won't repeat past mistakes personally and trust him unequivocally due to him not being our previous owner. 

Now back to JT mixed on this could be a master stroke or an expensive misguided folly time will tell. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We're debating whether John Terry would be a decent signing for us, who just finished 13th in the championship.

It would seem not only are we "fickle", we're thick as shit. lol

Some of us are looking at the bigger picture. Our defence is just fine.. but no lets bring in someone who hardly played the last 2 seasons and on more than double salary anyone else is earning. Its blindingly obvious we need more creative players.

The club have said due to FFP we will only be making 3-4 signings by raising funds from other sales. One Terry could equal 2 quality wingers, we have no creativity in the side.

Would you be happy if we only got Terry and 2 other players (one of which is a goalkeeper, and the other most likely Glen Whelan)?

If we had a blank chequebook like last year I'd be all for Terry, but the circumstances we are in - getting Terry could cost us promotion due to not spending that money wisely. Terry will not play 46 games, he wont even play half that. I'd rather we stuck with Elphick as backup if it meant we could have someone like Tom Ince AND Grosicki (whereas if we got Terry we probably couldn't have either)

It's not being "fickle" or "thick" its being sensible and wise.

• Like 2