Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not seen it covered anywhere on this forum but it says on the OS in the newspapers section that we're after George Boyd, I'd take him definitely, he's a premier league player in my opinion 

He turns 32 this year, and he lacks any pace. A burnley supporter said "he is the only winger who is actually incapable of beating his defender". He doesn't instill much confidence in me. I like Green, Grealish for the wings. Plus we have Birkir and Adomah as well. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well I'm running out of alternatives 

Even so SGC, you think we'd be ok going with an 18 year old kid, with zero first team experience, in a league as physically tough as the Championship?

I go so far as to say that would be bonkers and justification to carry Bruce off in a straight jacket.  He'd get pulverized out there!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not seen it covered anywhere on this forum but it says on the OS in the newspapers section that we're after George Boyd, I'd take him definitely, he's a premier league player in my opinion 

I had that as a given because we were linked with him in January and it was a 'not right now' as he was playing every week in a side trying to escape relegation.  Bruce has signed him before and he likes him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Even so SGC, you think we'd be ok going with an 18 year old kid, with zero first team experience, in a league as physically tough as the Championship?

I go so far as to say that would be bonkers and justification to carry Bruce off in a straight jacket.  He'd get pulverized out there!!

He's nearly 20 years old, he's outstanding in my opinion, who would you suggest GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS?

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I had that as a given because we were linked with him in January and it was a 'not right now' as he was playing every week in a side trying to escape relegation.  Bruce has signed him before and he likes him.

Do you rate him BOF?

45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's nearly 20 years old, he's outstanding in my opinion, who would you suggest GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS?

Is he, sorry I thought he was younger - certainly looks younger!!

Me, I've settled on another season of Sam Johnstone and I'd wager we'll get him again.  He looked to have gotten over his shaky start by the end of the season, so it makes sense to try and keep him for consistency.  

If not then i grant you it's not an easy one to solve.  I'd maybe sound out some of the reserve keepers in the PL, Alex McCarthy at Southampton for instance or perhaps the lad at Genk who we missed out on the January before last?

• Like 1

Mannone only has a year left on his contract at Sunderland... perhaps worth a bid, they'd likely take a reduced fee or he will leave for nothing next summer. 

Pickford is a shame, I would've thought he'd be pretty good for us (but not for money like that).

Edited by alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did SB sign him for Hull?

Hmm... he had a couple of stints on loan there I think, 2010/11 and 11/12 I think? Was that too early for SB at Hull?

Just had a look and SB started at Hull in June 2012 so I don't think they overlapped.

Edited by alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He turns 32 this year, and he lacks any pace. A burnley supporter said "he is the only winger who is actually incapable of beating his defender". He doesn't instill much confidence in me. I like Green, Grealish for the wings. Plus we have Birkir and Adomah as well. 

100% , we need to start trusting the "young" lads instead of this endless shorttermism and buying our way to the top mentality. 

• Like 2

If we really are strapped for ffp and can only get a GK a CB and struggle to find a DM AM & CF, I think I could handle a lineup like this

GK

Chester Terry/Jedi Baker

Bree/RDL                Taylor/Amavi

Lansbury      Hourihane

Adom Hogan/McC Kodjia/Green

-

Terry and Jedi alernating either in a 3 or Jedi as DM (fullback back to a 4)

Hopefully in MF we dont need Gardner or Bacuna with Thor as backup

Our attacking options of Adomah Green McC Grealish Kodjia Hogan RHM and Gaby (v SHA) should be enough to get us goals. So all we need is coaches and a manager to get them all to do their "thang" then we should win the league by March.

But in an ideal world we need 4/5 players

Edited by Grasshopper