Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

52 minutes ago, striker said:

Are there any quotes from Bruce that Villa have even offered Terry a contract? Playing Golf with someone doesn't mean you are going to employ them.

Keith Wynnes said we were interested. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not sure where I sit on Terry. He's old and slow, good players (ie Chelsea players) can make up for his mistakes. Nathan Baker won't be able to do so. 

He's never relied on pace, his ability to read the game is insane...and his ball playing ability is outstanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Bloose top 6! :crylaugh:

It wouldn't surprise me if they finished above us next season.

• Like 2

I wasn't sure where I stood on Terry until the noses came in for him.  As soon as I started rooting for them to sign him I think that gave me a hint.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I wasn't sure where I stood on Terry until the noses came in for him.  As soon as I started rooting for them to sign him I think that gave me a hint.

Yeah, I'm the same. If the 100k a week is true I think we've dodged a bullet.

15 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Like it or not, Stockdale and Terry (if it happens) are very good signings for them.

Stockdale definitely.  Terry could go either way.  He played 10 (edit : only 9) games last season and now he'll be asked to play 46.  He's a very expensive gamble.  Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.  Harry, not for the first time, rolling the dice with someone else's fortunes.  I'm genuinely not bothered if they get him and if they do I'll be obviously hoping for disaster.