Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Linked with a young ex-Barcelona player, never heard of him though. 19 though so presumably one for the future?

Mail link

Aston Villa have been linked with a move for 19-year-old Spanish centre-half Eric Montes.

The teenager has been let go by Barcelona U19s this summer and is said to be considering a move to Villa, according to sources in Spain.

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Linked with a young ex-Barcelona player, never heard of him though. 19 though so presumably one for the future?

Mail link

Hmmm.  Youngster let go from Barcelona reserves - where have I heard that before?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Hmmm.  Youngster let go from Barcelona reserves - where have I heard that before?

Yeah, apparently he's really really fast at running, but with no end product. If it all goes tits up we can sell him to middlesborough though.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Mail link

Whelan, Terry now this guy? The ages of these players that we've been linked to and not even signed is going to cause long term damage to this football club and shows terrible shortermism from Bruce.... OH WAIT

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Whelan, Terry now this guy? The ages of these players that we've been linked to and not even signed is going to cause long term damage to this football club and shows terrible shortermism from Bruce.... OH WAIT

:thumb: Hehe.  Which is why I'm remaining blissfully ignorant until we actually sign someone.

Championship club Aston Villa have reportedly agreed a deal to sign Barcelona’s 19-year-old defender Eric Mortes on a free transfer, according to Read Aston Villa.

The youngster came through the famed La Masia academy at Barcelona, and is capable of playing centre back or right back, as well as just in front of the back line.

Mortes has made 13 appearances for the Barcelona under-19s squad this season so far, scoring once in the EUFA Youth League for the Spanish side.

However, his current deal is expiring at the end of June, and Barcelona are unlikely to be renewing his contract, so Villa boss Steve Bruce has approached the Spanish club in the hope of bringing him into the fold at Villa Park.

Now Mortes is set to join the Villains on a free transfer, where he will most likely feature for the club’s under-23 side whilst continuing his development.

Bruce has been forced to cut down his spending, and with a reported transfer budget of just £1 million, small-risk free transfer signings such as this one can be expected throughout the summer, as Villa look to build for their second season back in the Championship.

After spending £15 million on Irish striker Scott Hogan from Brentford last January, as well as bringing in the likes of Conor Hourihane, Mile Jedinak and Birkir Bjarnasson, all one considerable wages, Villa have been forced to cut down the spending this summer.

Early signs have been promising this summer, but time will tell whether players such as Mortes make the grade at the club.

Just click it

• Like 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

Is he not irish?

He was born in Salford and has never played for the Irish.  He was included in an Irish U21 squad once.  Until he plays for the full side, it would be presumptuous to call him anything else, and even then he's still English in anything other than his FIFA documents :) 

I work with a particularly annoying Bluescum. He's been all round the Villa fans in the office today asking if we have seen the odds on them signing Terry and how those odds are higher than him signing for us and after all the bookies nearly always call it correctly.  

Like I am remotely bothered about them signing an over the hill player who has hardly played in 12 months for an enormous salary.  Roll on Arry bankrupting his next victim I say. 

Edited by sidcow

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I work with a particularly annoying Bluescum. He's been all round the Villa fans in the office today asking if we have seen the odds on them signing Terry and how those odds are higher than him signing for us and after all the bookies nearly always call it correctly.  

Like I am remotely bothered about them signing an over the hill player who has hardly played in 12 months for an enormous salary.  Roll on Arry bankrupting his next victim I say. 

Just agree with him about the accuracy of bookies and then show him how we're favourites to win the league! 

Either that or tell the word removed to **** off :D

23 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

To be fair to Bacuna he didn't play badly last season, ok he was stupid with that red card... but in that game he was MOTM, and other games he played well. 

Edit: not saying he's the answer to any problems this year, just that's he wasn't terrible last year. 

Oh no are we discussing Bacuna here as well, now I feel an urge to slag him off also in this thread :-)

44 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just agree with him about the accuracy of bookies and then show him how we're favourites to win the league! 

Either that or tell the word removed to **** off :D

That would be a great response. (Either of them!)

• Like 1