Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

No, don't want Dunne back. Legs are shot. Who is this Bin Fella? Is it Liu Bin who currently plays for Beijing Enterprises in the China League One?

If you go far enough back on Villatalk, you'll see that 'Been done' evolved into 'Bin Dunne', often accompanied by a picture of Richard Dunne in a wheely bin... so... yeah, your joke has probably.... Bin Dunne

;)

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I doubt he has got a 46 game season in him. That's why we have a squad. With terry helping bakers game, then when baker does play he might have learnt a bit more and improve. I don't see a negative with it if the owner is willing to pay the money for wages.

we then go out and buy a long term defender of a higher calibre than buying a decent defender who may or may not be good enough for the premier league when we are a premier league club next year.

so, where's the long term damage? It's a short term fix for what I presume they want to be a short term problem. I.e.  We get promoted and there is a new, longer term problem of staying up and establishing. 

Seems to me, ant not directed at anyone in particular, but there's so much negativity about anything and everything the club does that it can't do anything right.

That sounds great if Terry is coming with no real expectations of playing on a 12 months contract for medium sized wages. 

But there's no way if he does sign it will be on those conditions. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Do you think we'd have any chance of signing Willy Caballero now he's been released by Citeh? ...I'm assuming not as other teams will be in for him. But I would take him and I think it would be a good move. 

Cant remember where I've read it but Caballero has been linked with Chel$ki as a replacement for Begovic. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We shouldve signed Begovic before he left for Chelsea.

As I recall we tried to but he preferred to be second choice with them than first choice with us. 

• Like 3

If I'm John Terry, I want to win things. Signing for a team like West Brom or Bournemouth just wouldn't do it for me. 

I think the opportunity of winning the championship will appeal or he'll end up abroad. 

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Blose "hijacking"our terry move apparently. if west brom are interested he is going there.

I agree with @nnock1984 he'll want to win something in his final year, championship push with us or MLS, "mr Chelsea" has taken a fair few million out of them he doesn't need money, wouldn't be surprised if he joined Ashley Cole as a non DP in the MLS 

playing 20 games and finishing 10-12th in the Prem with the baggies? He doesn't need it, I think he'd walk away

On 12/06/2017 at 18:16, HanoiVillan said:

I just don't think this is true. Plenty of players step down to the Championship and do well when too old for the PL. This is a division where Yann Kermorgant and Clint Hill were doing pretty well into their late 30's. 

we dont need players who do "pretty well"

if Terry comes you are looking at

a back 3

Chester Terry Baker

Hutton Lansbury Hourihane Taylor

Adomah Hogan Gaby/Kodjia

or

a back 4

Hutton Chester Terry/Baker Taylor

Jedi

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane

Hogan  Gaby/Kodjia

With Bruce in charge and SJ in goal we wont even make the playoffs

We need

Nr 1 GK

Backup GK

a brute of a CB with pace

a brute of a DM who is mobile

an AM to feed Hogan & Kodjia (when back)

and a CF who can hold the ball up

(and a new manager, coaches and a new whoever is in charge of this shit-show)

If the board have intentions of going up we are talking between £35-65million

If they want to try to scrape through with a few old heads and young loanees we can all forget English football and tune in to the last 3/4 years of Ronaldo v Messi till DrT throws in the towel.

Edited by Grasshopper

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

We need

Nr 1 GK

Backup GK

a brute of a CB with pace

a brute of a DM who is mobile

an AM to feed Hogan & Kodjia (when back)

and a CF who can hold the ball up

(and a new manager, coaches and a new whoever is in charge of this shit-show)

If the board have intentions of going up we are talking between £135-165million

Fixed that for you.

Jordan Pickford is going to cost Everton £30m.  Leicester have apparently had a bid of £20m rejected for Harry Maguire.  A brute of a CB with pace will easily cost £30m.  Similarly the DM listed there too.

SB has to cut his cloth accordingly, and shipping goals last season wasn't the issue for the main part.  If he wants JT on a free transfer and it means he's got more to spend on midfielders then that's what he should do.

I've purposely ignored the manager, coaches, Chairman (?) line.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Fixed that for you.

Jordan Pickford is going to cost Everton £30m.  Leicester have apparently had a bid of £20m rejected for Harry Maguire.  A brute of a CB with pace will easily cost £30m.  Similarly the DM listed there too.

SB has to cut his cloth accordingly, and shipping goals last season wasn't the issue for the main part.  If he wants JT on a free transfer and it means he's got more to spend on midfielders then that's what he should do.

Yeah because Huddersfield / Brighton really showed you need to throw £100 million at this league to get promoted .......

So much hyperbole. A couple of shrewd additions and there's absolutely no reason why we can't challenge with the current squad. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Fixed that for you.

Footbal money has now gone out of all sense of logic.

£135 is really not all that far away.

I take it you are pretty confident that we will be alright. Unfortunately for me I dont feel that way, hence my inner urge to state it on VT.

Bob Marley once sang "Everyt'ings gonna be alright" I wonder what happened there?

I agree with @AVFC44 above, we really aren't all that far away from a good side... I think we are 3-4 additions away. 

A new GK is a total must

A a central defender for squad depth (bin off Richards and Elphick)

1 attacking midfielder

If McCormack is finished then a striker too, but fingers crossed we can get him firing again...

I think that's it. For arguments sake I've included Terry as we've been linked but I doubt very much he will sign.

New GK

Bree    Chester   Terry   Taylor

Jedi

Adomah  Landsbury   Hourihane 

New AM

Kodjia

... but what do I know?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1