Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

If true, I'll wait to find out the details of the deal before really judging. 

I'll be honest after listening to smug blues fans the last few days I wouldn't mind signing him to just to see their reactions. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

One Twitter account @IncogAVFC says Terry is signed. I don't remember if there was any credible Twitter account with Villa related stuff.

Im waiting for the OS or Trent

@avfctransfers1

He's been the only real ITK I've seen on Twitter. He's very quiet at the moment though. 

• Like 2

If we sign Terry, am I right in thinking that in the last couple of summers, we'd have signed a current PL champion? 

Nice to see we've still got pulling power if true, even in the Championship. 

If it's true we're getting Terry then I'm happy. If there is anybody in the team that isn't pulling their weight, he'll drag them by the scruff of the neck and get them moving. I know he's a tosser in general, but he's a role model when it comes to the actual game.

Also, the grief I got off all the noses at work about them signing him from right under us would make it all the sweeter.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I'm not at all keen on him for various reasons but one things for sure, he is no Micah Richards.

Its hard to argue he won't improve us.

Think of all the times we've watched our players heads drop for one reason or another. At the very least Terry would help put a stop to that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

Think of all the times we've watched our players heads drop for one reason or another. At the very least Terry would help put a stop to that.

Couldn't agree more...

I just hate having to possess the essential hypocrisy of being a football fan !!

Edited by terrytini

20 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

If it's true we're getting Terry then I'm happy. If there is anybody in the team that isn't pulling their weight, he'll drag them by the scruff of the neck and get them moving. I know he's a tosser in general, but he's a role model when it comes to the actual game.

Also, the grief I got off all the noses at work about them signing him from right under us would make it all the sweeter.

I agree, if he still has the desire and the will to win then I am all for it. He may be a bit of a tosser, but if he helps us get promoted I don't really care.

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Couldn't agree more...

I just hate having to possess the essential hypocrisy of being a football fan !!

Completely agree, but I suppose it's part and parcel of the game for us fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I agree, if he still has the desire and the will to win then I am all for it. He may be a bit of a tosser, but if he helps us get promoted I don't really care.

Well it sounds like whatever move he makes, it's mostly for football reasons. He said last week that all the ex-players he's spoken to, they've told him to go somewhere and play for as long as he can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Well it sounds like whatever move he makes, it's mostly for football reasons. He said last week that all the ex-players he's spoken to, they've told him to go somewhere and play for as long as he can.

I'm sure there's plenty of ex players that now regret playing out their final years in the likes of the MLS. Although money is important to them at the time, with hindsight their playing career would be more important. Especially if the player is already a multi millionaire. 

I've been very keen on us getting Terry since it was first mentioned so I'm still really hoping we can get it sorted. I reckon you'd struggle to find a better partnership than Terry and Chester in the Championship. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If true, I'll wait to find out the details of the deal before really judging. 

I'll be honest after listening to smug blues fans the last few days I wouldn't mind signing him to just to see their reactions. 

This would just be hilarious as well after what I've seen from them on Twitter 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I've been very keen on us getting Terry since it was first mentioned so I'm still really hoping we can get it sorted. I reckon you'd struggle to find a better partnership than Terry and Chester in the Championship. 

What about Baker?