Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

2 players linked over 35.

For balance and in fairness to Bruce we cannot ignore that we have also been linked with an 18yo LB from hull ( josh Tymon ) and a 19 yo winger from Blackpool ( Bright Osayi Samuel ) and have signed Bree. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

It would be a good signing as he has a lot of football experience that could help the squad. I'd get in Joe Hart & Whelan as well,  again for their experience. Both could do a job for us next season as it's all about promotion, not how we play (unfortunately) but getting results and being consistent. The club really has to go up next season and their contribution could be key...probably won't happen though

UTV

IF he were to come i can't see it as a negative at all.

It will give a lot of fans a boost and get more through the gates, he'd want to go out on a high and his vast PL and international experience would only benefit our youngsters.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Anyone considered maybe Bruce wants Terry as a coach? 

Or that Terry might fancy the Villa job and would be nicely placed to take it if already employed at the club? :detect:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John said:

Or that Terry might fancy the Villa job and would be nicely placed to take it if already employed at the club? :detect:

so he comes here, works on his badges, establishes himself behind the scenes, spends a couple of years working hard as a coach, maybe gets a position as U19s or U23s manager, or assistant manager so then when bruce or a.n.other gets the bullet he's ideally placed to be given a shot at being the villa manager

imagine how racist dwight yorke thinks that is

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You don't think that's an incredibly small sample to be making judgements on?

Before the Whelan and Terry links were you furious because it looked like Bruce wasn't going to make any signings because we weren't linked to anybody?

Maybe it's a better approach to assume two links aren't going to represent our entire summer's business. And if you want an idea of the kind of player Bruce would sign for us, maybe looking at the numerous transfers he's already made would be a better indicator than two links?

I'm making judgements on what I think will happen next season based on last season and based on links so far. 

1) I don't think Bruce will promote us next year based on performances and results last year. This I think will cause long term damage. 

2) signing players like Whelan and Terry (might not happen) will add to that damage due to wages, no re sale value and FFP rules. 

He may sign some different players as well but unless we get promoted then my second point still stands. 

I think we've seen plenty to judge what we think next season will look like and the knock on effects that could have. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

For balance and in fairness to Bruce we cannot ignore that we have also been linked with an 18yo LB from hull ( josh Tymon ) and a 19 yo winger from Blackpool ( Bright Osayi Samuel ) and have signed Bree. 

They don't count

• Like 1

John Terry's available and we are supposedly in for him. I don't see any negatives in that at all. There will surely be a lot of premier league clubs in for him too. So they must think he is good enough for them  

Definately not a signing we should be turning our noses up at. 

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think we've seen plenty to judge what we think next season will look like and the knock on effects that could have. 

Why bother playing any games next season, when we already know it won't be any good? Amirite?

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm making judgements on what I think will happen next season based on last season and based on links so far. 

1) I don't think Bruce will promote us next year based on performances and results last year. This I think will cause long term damage. 

2) signing players like Whelan and Terry (might not happen) will add to that damage due to wages, no re sale value and FFP rules. 

He may sign some different players as well but unless we get promoted then my second point still stands. 

If you're worried about long term damage being financial then surely Steve Bruce isn't the person who is causing it?  Are you angry at Xia?

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you're worried about long term damage being financial then surely Steve Bruce isn't the person who is causing it?  Are you angry at Xia?

Yeah, he would have to take a good portion of blame. Just like Lerner did for things going financially tits up. 

Hard to be angry at him at this point, he's offering financial backing in people he trusts. I fear that trust will be let down badly. 

• Like 3

I posted this a few pages back, but this is a more succinct version of released PL players arranged by club. (Posting on phone so apologies if the formatting is off).

Link to BBC site

Arsenal

Yaya Sanogo, Stefan O'Connor, Kristopher da Graca, Kostas Pileas 

Bournemouth

Sylvain Distin, Stephane Zubar, Josh Carmichael, Josh Wakefield, Mason Walsh and Jon Muleba

Burnley

Joey Barton, Michael Kightly

Chelsea

John Terry, Alex Davey

Crystal Palace

Corie Andrews, Kwesi Appiah, Jonathan Benteke, Frazier Campbell, Luke Croll, Mathieu Flamini, David Fryers, Ryan King-Elliott, Joe Ledley, Randell Wiliams, Ben Wynter

Everton

Arouna Kone, Conor McAleny, Jack Bainbridge, Delial Brewster, Michael Donohue, Tyrone Duffus, Russell Griffiths, Connor Hunt, Josef Yarney, James Yates

Hull

Alex Bruce, Luke Lofts, Brad Maslen-Jones, Johan Ter Horst, Stephen Akbas, Marc Kelledy

Leicester City

Marcin Wasilewski, Michael Cain, David Domej, Brandon Fox, Cedric Kipre, Matty Miles, Kairo Mitchell

Liverpool

Alex Manninger (retired), Tom Brewitt, Jake Brimmer, Jack Dunn, Madger Gomes, Kane Lewis, Adam Phillips

Manchester City

Willy Caballero, Jesus Navas, Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Pablo Zabaleta, Callum Bullock, Thomas O'Brien, Kane Plummer,

Manchester Utd

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Middlesbrough

Victor Valdes, Fewster William Fewster, Dimitrios Konstantopoulos, Lewis Maloney, Junior Mondal, Josef Wheatley

Southampton

Cuco Martina, Lloyd Isgrove, Harley Willard, Martin Caceres

Stoke

Shay Given, Danel Bachmann, Liam Edwards, Harvey Isted, Joel Taylor, Philip Waring

Swansea

Gerhard Tremmel, Marvin Emnes, Liam Shephard, Josh Vickers, Owain Jones, Tom Dyson, Tom Holland, Alex Samuel

Sunderland

Victor Anichebe, Jan Kirchoff, Jolen Lescott, John O'Shea, Sebastian Larsson, Steven Pienaar, George Brady, Edward Buckley, Patrick Casey, Car Lawson, David Pain

Tottenham

Filip Lesniak, Tom McDermott, Joe Muscatt, Charlie Owens, Zenon Stylianides

Watford

Rene Gilmartin, Mathias Ranegie, Ola Adeyemo, Charlie Bannister, Ogo Obi, Rhyle Ovenden

West Brom

Daniel Barbir, Zachary Elbouzedi, Darren Fletcher, Callam Jones, Sebastien Pocognoli, Jack Rose, Andre Wright

West Ham

Alvaro Arbeloa, Sam Howes, Sam Ford, Kyle Knoyle, Sam Westley

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Middlesbrough

Victor Valdes, Fewster William Fewster, Dimitrios Konstantopoulos, Lewis Maloney, Junior Mondal, Josef Wheatley

So good they named him twice?

.... or couldn't tell the front from the back-end?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

So good they named him twice?

.... or couldn't tell the front from the back-end?

I think they mean Bradley William Fewster.......

Just cant get the staff nowadays!