Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

On 22/07/2017 at 14:43, KSV said:

As an Aussie. Ive seen alot of Irvine. I like him but he doesnt suit our side. We need a more creative player.. who can controll the ball and keep possession under pressure. Hes more of a Cahill.. late into the box.. no frills player who works hard. We have Bikir who will probably do a similar job. 

Tim Cahill you say? B)

On 21/07/2017 at 16:59, Grasshopper said:

So if thats it (SJ JT Elmo & GW) who ist the mystery man on the end if all those crosses once

SJ rolls it out to JT

or JT defends and gives it to Elmo

GW ball-wins and gives it to Elmo

Elmo crosses to ........

Hogan.    

• Haha 1

I certainly feel we are short on left wing. 

I don't see either Adomah or Elmo as being capable in that role. I've rarely seen Jack play well there, far better in 10 role IMO. Birkir seems to be more of a hard work/arrive well in box type player rather than someone who is going to unlock many doors, deliver quality crosses/assists. 

Which leaves Green, I'd definitely say he deserves to start and be given a chance to make the place his own. Whether he is going to deliver enough end product to get is promoted is a massive risk in my opinion. 

If we get rid of Hutton, McCormack, Veretout, Gardner plus Amavi or whoever else I'd like to see a decent chunk of it go on someone capable of playing LW/No.10 and the rest on a target man to replace McCormack and give us a different kind of option upfront. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I certainly feel we are short on left wing. 

I don't see either Adomah or Elmo as being capable in that role. I've rarely seen Jack play well there, far better in 10 role IMO. Birkir seems to be more of a hard work/arrive well in box type player rather than someone who is going to unlock many doors, deliver quality crosses/assists. 

Which leaves Green, I'd definitely say he deserves to start and be given a chance to make the place his own. Whether he is going to deliver enough end product to get is promoted is a massive risk in my opinion. 

If we get rid of Hutton, McCormack, Veretout, Gardner plus Amavi or whoever else I'd like to see a decent chunk of it go on someone capable of playing LW/No.10 and the rest on a target man to replace McCormack and give us a different kind of option upfront. 

Jacks best games have been off the left. Adomah can play there as a winger. Birkir can play there as more of a midfielder and you've got Kodija who's played there in a 3. We've also got Green who should start there. We've plenty of wide options. Having a too big a squad can be worse than a tight knit one. I think we've virtually 2 players for every position so I'd be more than happy to go with this lot for now. 

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Jacks best games have been off the left. Adomah can play there as a winger. Birkir can play there as more of a midfielder and you've got Kodija who's played there in a 3. We've also got Green who should start there. We've plenty of wide options. Having a too big a squad can be worse than a tight knit one. I think we've virtually 2 players for every position so I'd be more than happy to go with this lot for now. 

As I said I don't agree but it's all opinions. For me there were a lot of games last year and also in preseason (yes I know) where we looked devoid of ideas and I think being weak in wider areas is the reason I've mentioned. 

I'd agree we have plenty of people capable of playing there but it's about quality rather than numbers and in my view we are slightly light in that area of the pitch. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

As I said I don't agree but it's all opinions. For me there were a lot of games last year and also in preseason (yes I know) where we looked devoid of ideas and I think being weak in wider areas is the reason I've mentioned. 

I'd agree we have plenty of people capable of playing there but it's about quality rather than numbers and in my view we are slightly light in that area of the pitch. 

I think we've got enough to do well as is. We just need to play like we did yesterday on the front foot. Green can be special so give him the chance. Loaning in other teams young  players is harmful to us long term.  To get better than Green Grealish etc would cost big money. Can't see us getting that much better in our position so let's trust our players for once. 

36 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Unrealistic I know, Dembele from Celtic would be amazing - try to give them McCormack as part of the deal?

20 million has been mentioned  

Wait, they will give us Dembele and £20m for RMC? 

Fire up the Rayleigh Chopper and get me a Sat Nav, I'll have him there by lunchtime tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Cheeky bid for Wilshere ?! 

Wilshere makes Gardner look a perfect physical specimen.

If he's not broken he's a decent player, the problem is he's always broken.

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

Unrealistic I know, Dembele from Celtic would be amazing - try to give them McCormack as part of the deal?

20 million has been mentioned  

Million times more unlikely as McCormack ex Rangers