Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not much going to happen on the incoming front now I wouldn't think.

Its all about the out door from BMH now.

I'd agree....unless McCormack goes.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Happy with this as we are well equipped in all areas of the pitch.

Over to you Mr Bruce.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

do they still sell "Sam Brown Ale".....great drop o' toe nail:)

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Music to my ears. We only needed limited incomings and it was good to see we got them in early.

This will be the first season in years that we go into with minimal upheaval. Clearly to do that you need to ensure you keep your best players and overall have a squad capable of achieving your realistic aim which for us is top 2. I think we have done that and I think the quality overall along with some stability both in terms of players and manager/coaching staff can only benefit us this season.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see one or two more come in if we do manage to get most of the players out deemed to be surplus but if this is it then I am confident it is a squad capable of automatic promotion.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's also a petulant, vile, goblin-faced chav. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. 

Ha, he certainly is petulant but I'd take him in a heartbeat if the wages were okay. He can dribble and pass which is more than we can say for 95% of the Villa team ;)

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I've literally not a clue what this means...

you put "out door" in your post....sounding like BMH had an OUTDOOR/Off Licence.

I cheekily played the association.....Sam Brown was a famous bottled beer brewed by Ansells at Aston Cross.

I'd better get back on topic quick......perhaps it would be a good recruiting tool for future transfers....Phew.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Whether everything's rosy only time will tell but we've certainly addressed a few issues. If it were as simple as trimming the bits we didn't want we'd have a balanced look about us. Interesting to see what happens if Amavi and/or McCormack go anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He's also a petulant, vile, goblin-faced chav. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. 

Wow, that rules out about 85% of professional football players signing for us! 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

That description made me think of Jamie Vardy, which in turn made me think of a tweet I read about him once....

"Jamie Vardy wasn't born, he crawled out of a f*****g Blazin Squad video, like that girl from the Ring" 

Never a truer word spoken. 

Anyway, no chance to Jack Wilshere he'll be off to mid table foreign climbs somewhere. 

We need to flog 6 players before he's allowed anyone else in I reckon, maybe more. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

and was a kick and run merchant at best.

We get those from Barcelona. Don't need shoddy scouse ones. Move along. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

My mates a Wigan fan who wasn't very complimentary about this lad. Didn't have any interest in being there and was a kick and run merchant at best.

He was younger then to be fair, and now he's 20 you'd expect him to have improved a bit... but I don't think he was much cop at Wolves last year either so I'd probably steer clear unless it's just for back up for a bit of squad depth.