Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

So...

-------------------------------------------Johnstone-------------------------------------------

Bree---------------------Chester-----------------------Terry----------------------Taylor

---------------------------------Jedi--------------------Whelan--------------------------------

Elmo-----------------------------------Hourihane-----------------------------------Green

----------------------------------------------Kodjia------------------------------------------------

Take Jedi out and put lansbury in but further upfield , not sure if Elmo or adomah would be the better option - I'd like to see grealish get another chance in the free role - had high hopes that mccormack and hogan would fire but I can't argue with them being left out .

31 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sure but shows how tight we have to be with money. We have spent about £2.5m. We will probably get in £15m. They really went balls out last year. 

If we had loaned McCormack et al last year we would be laughing now.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

I sincerely hope that Bruce doesn't play Jedinak and Whelan together. Villa aren't going to be playing teams with enough quality in the Championship to warrant two defensive midfielders. In fact it should be Championship opposition doing that when they face Villa.

Not against that side they wouldn't!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

My Geography teacher used to play that game with me :blink:

The best part was you always got the bonus mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I've got the same worry this year as last, too many new players too soon.  I don't want to hear the same excuses in November about needing the team to gel etc etc.

Johnstone has been here since January so there are only 3 new signings, Terry came in early and is a model pro, and Elmo has worked with Bruce before so will know what to expect. The only person i expect to need time to gel is Whelan, and getting the other players used to the new guys but it's not an overhaul this window so I don't think that excuse can be used at any stage. 

Edited by skarroki

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

Apart from John Terry, I don't think we can say that we were able to achieve Bruce's wish for 3-4 quality signings this summer. Even Terry will be coming into an area where we were looking to be a lot better! It would be interesting to know if Bruce is really happy with our summer transfers, when all is said and done, or whether he feels let down by those above him. I guess we will have to wait a long time to find that out - if we ever find out at all.

Not sure we could get better. For me Terry will be the best defender in the league, with chester the second best.

Can someone just give me a run down of all the players that have left the club, either on loan or permanently, this summer? I'm completely confused by Amavi, Veretout, Cissokho and Sanchez at the moment, has there been confirmation that any of those 4 have definitely left and will be playing for another club in august? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Can someone just give me a run down of all the players that have left the club, either on loan or permanently, this summer? I'm completely confused by Amavi, Veretout, Cissokho and Sanchez at the moment, has there been confirmation that any of those 4 have definitely left and will be playing for another club in august? 

As far as I know only Sanchez has left Cissokho was due to leave last week but not heard for def.

59 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not sure we could get better. For me Terry will be the best defender in the league, with chester the second best.

I meant that we were looking a lot better last season and that central defence, where we have now improved the team the most, wasn't an area we really needed to improve.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

In no way is this definitive, but as far as I can tell...

Kozak released, Gil on loan (to be followed by a permanent move), Gollini of course still out on loan.

I think Sanchez has gone, but it's not crystal clear (his thread is still in On Topic, but transfer websites suggest he should be in other football, haven't seen anything from Villa to confirm either way).

I think that Cissokho is on the verge of leaving, some suggestion it'll be concluded in a day or two. 

There were nine youngsters who were released along with Kozak, included among them were Jerell Sellars, Riccardo Calder and Nial Mason. 

I would imagine the club will make it clearer should Amavi/Veretout/both leave as they've been involved in pre-season - they'll be less likely to just let it slip by without an announcement.

4 hours ago, striker said:

I sincerely hope that Bruce doesn't play Jedinak and Whelan together. Villa aren't going to be playing teams with enough quality in the Championship to warrant two defensive midfielders. In fact it should be Championship opposition doing that when they face Villa.

There may be a time even for half a game, ....but I generally agree.....you would need to be pretty scared of the opposition

Liverpool did it for years with Case and Souness......but they could both scheme too, thats our predicament now the players are not so rounded/Complete.....Terry aside ( complete CB)

Leeds did it with Giles & Bremner they could enforce and scheme too.....unfortunately we are not at that level.

If the players are doing their respective jobs, we have enough in this squad to see us through.....its down to them now.

I would have liked to have seen a target man like Glenn Murray come in

Edited by TRO

If you think about it we have signed whelan, Elmo and whelan for  around 2.5m the same fee we sold Sanchez for. Don't know about everyone else but I think that represents great business from xia, round and wyness

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I meant that we were looking a lot better last season and that central defence, where we have now improved the team the most, wasn't an area we really needed to improve.

but we improved it with numbers through necessity, but was a trade off for goals, we patched it up......we are now improved through individual quality and structure,in those crucial areas, which in theory should allow the offensive players we thought we had .....to do their thing like we know they can.

I am hoping and expecting to see players emerge who we thought was lost.....it will be interesting.

but I think the transfer in door has closed now.

Edited by TRO