Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Don't think we would add any further right sided players at this point.  However,  if we could get Patrick Roberts on loan to play down our left, I would be chuffed.  

Not a bad shout but I think an experienced player would be better

38 minutes ago, Jareth said:

With the money in from sanchez, veretout and any pennies we get from the others, then I reckon we'll be holding back a 10mill odd budget for the jan window. 

Is there still no official word on the Sanchez deal or is it just me? He's in pre season training with them it seems from their website. Either way Him, Veretout and Gil all gone it seems and sorted and I seem to remember Bruce saying something like 'got to sort out what's happening with the lads on loan first' or words to that effect a few interviews ago. With Mason gone and Kozak's wages gone so far. I suppose it depends how much of their wages were off the books last year and how much we were/are maxed out with FFP atm. We might just be treading water in that that £8/9m odd might just be paying for the new boys' wages and small fees.

We all know this is why shifting the high earners like Richards and McCormack is paramount even if it's on loan if they're not going to contribute anything. Be interesting to see what happens from here on anyway. I suspect we've got a lot more clearing out to do before we're amassing any sort of transfer kitty we could play with this year. We spent A LOT of money last season. Unfortunately it seems with the benefit of hindsight that RDM only really added to the mess 12 months ago too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Only a idiot would buy Richards from us. I think we are stuck with him unless we pay out  his contract. A colossal waste of money. However at the time I thought it was a cracking signing. Shows I know nothing about football.  

Yep, I was almost excited at the time.  Thought him and Lescott would be the final pieces of the jigsaw in our defence.  

I really don't know how we pick them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep, I was almost excited at the time.  Thought him and Lescott would be the final pieces of the jigsaw in our defence.  

Agree guys, you weren't the only ones. Add to that pile McCormack, I was really excited when we signed them... you never quite know how it will work out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Agree guys, you weren't the only ones. Add to that pile McCormack, I was really excited when we signed them... you never quite know how it will work out. 

Stephen Ireland was mine... I thought we mugged off Citeh, turned out it was the other way around. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Can't see Richards leaving either but we have a lot of selling to do. Especially if the 19/20 senoir pro's and 5 or 6 kids stepping up tweet from DR X is to be believed. Cissokho, Tish, Gardner next up I reckon. Elphick surely wants to play some games somewhere can't see him wanting to sit around picking up wages like some others. I think if we can cut our losses on McCormack we should jump at the chance. Bunn should just go away. Bacuna and Richards... well.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Only a idiot would buy Richards from us. I think we are stuck with him unless we pay out  his contract. A colossal waste of money. However at the time I thought it was a cracking signing. Shows I know nothing about football.  

And many, many more.

many thought richards was a coup.....but i think we are getting better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Badly. Consistently. Year after year. That's why we are in the second division.  In 2015-2016 we had the 8th biggest wage bill in the prem ffs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Agree. He's finally got his 'big move' to the Prem with a secure(ash) outfit so can't see it at all. 

He's been dreadful at West Ham. Their fans on KUMB Forum all want shot of him, it's like a Richards and Gabby thread on here.

Would take him though as he was excellent at Hull and I think we're a wide player short as likes of Green and Thor are really unproven as game deciding players at championship level as of yet, Snodgrass would be.

I think we'll play the early few games with what we have now but it will only take a few games of struggling to score without Kodjia (unless Hogan can actually get into the game much more) to force our hand. Snodgrass could well be a last day deal, I'd be surprised if we didn't sign anyone on August 31st, we usually do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leighavfc said:

From what i saw of Snodgrass at West ham last season, that boy is shot to pieces... he can barely move lol i know he wasnt the most mobile anyway...but i was quite shocked at the state he was in. I suspect his distrubution is good enough still though

Been a very underrated player for a fair while and ive always rated him, but injurys have taken their toll imo. I hope we dont spend 6 mill + biggish wages for him tbh

It was odd though as he was excellent for Hull first half of the season, really seemed like a one man act to keep them up with his free kicks.

Wasn't aware of any injury mid season so just looks the case of he struggled at the start at West Ham, fans got on his back and he's lost all confidence. Given they're signing players like Aranutovic I can't see him getting many minutes. Maybe a loan deal might be an option?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'm sure I read somehwere that WHU had made Snodgrass available for transfer (was a good few weeks ago)

Which is why i've been saying for weeks now we should try to sign him.

I'll try to find the link

yup, also remember reading they were happy to recover most of the money they outlaid in Jan