Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you think about it we have signed whelan, Elmo and whelan for  around 2.5m the same fee we sold Sanchez for. Don't know about everyone else but I think that represents great business from xia, round and wyness

You don't think Bruce deserves some praise mate? he certainly wooed Terry during their time playing golf, Elmohamaddy knows him and speaks very highly of him and Whelan said he spoke with him at length.

I agree though we have done great business and we now on paper have the best squad in this division.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You don't think Bruce deserves some praise mate? he certainly wooed Terry during their time playing golf, Elmohamaddy knows him and speaks very highly of him and Whelan said he spoke with him at length.

I agree though we have done great business and we now on paper have the best squad in this division.

questionable

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you think about it we have signed whelan, Elmo and whelan for  around 2.5m the same fee we sold Sanchez for. Don't know about everyone else but I think that represents great business from xia, round and wyness

Hey this is Villa Talk. We aren't allowed to praise the entire upper hierarchy in one post!

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Bruce has done a cracking this window imo, as he did in the last. 

I'd be happy with just outs now tbh. We have a number of players we don't need and unless there is somebody out there that Bruce thinks will come in and pull up trees, we are good to go. Easily the best squad in the league. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Bruce has done a cracking this window imo, as he did in the last. 

I'd be happy with just outs now tbh. We have a number of players we don't need and unless there is somebody out there that Bruce thinks will come in and pull up trees, we are good to go. Easily the best squad in the league. 

On the money:)

lets not dick about here.. dr t wants the club in the top league,willing to spend..

i dont buy the theory about players gelling..if they are good enough to win games thats all that counts

the players are good enough or they are not,,theirs no middle ground when your aiming for promotion ,its not about having a decent season & not getting promoted..

terry is good enough, kodja is good enough,chester is good enough.. the rest are bang average for me

the terry signing was great.. signing whelan says that barry will not be returning to us so lets all move on

i can only think that plan A is to get through the winter & IF  the team needs whats required for the final push.. the funds are in place in january

Edited by cbr600rr

2 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

lets not dick about here.. dr t wants the club in the top league,willing to spend..

i dont think the one about to many player gelling will wash,

the players are good enough or they are not,,theirs no middle ground when your aiming for promotion ,its not about having a decent season & not getting promoted..

terry is good enough, kodja is good enough,chester is good enough.. the rest are bang average for me

the terry signing was great.. signing whelan says that barry will not be returning to us so lets all move on

i can only think that plan A is to get through the winter & IF  the team needs whats required for the final push.. the funds are in place in january

I think Taylor, Whelan, Elmo, Adomah, Lansbury and Hourihane and probably Hogan are all good enough too, at least I hope they are. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think Taylor, Whelan, Elmo, Adomah, Lansbury and Hourihane and probably Hogan are all good enough too, at least I hope they are. 

your not alone,, every player needs to be 90% for 40 odd games, no slacking 

terry will no "bottle it " for the run in, i hope the rest are from the same mould.

as big ron said .. "dont tell me ..show me"

35 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That was a mistake on my part I thought I included Bruce

we have spent less than 5m this year and potentially it could be a better window than when we spent 50m!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Doesn't quite work like that.

They are relatively small fees, but the bigger picture here is the increasing of the wage budget. Those 3 players will be earning a combined fee of more than what Sanchez would have been on. FFP doesnt just look at money spent on transfers but the wage bill too. 

Interesting so many think we have the best squad in the division, Bruce is going in to this season with a lot of pressure on if that's the case. Favourites to go up, fans convinced we have the players and expecting to go up. From what we've seen though I'd say we need to ship out 4 or 5 at least and look for a very talented link between midfield and the striker(s), be that wide left, right or central (number 10). That and some coaches to see if we can keep the ball for more than 2 passes in a row every now and again.

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Doesn't quite work like that.

They are relatively small fees, but the bigger picture here is the increasing of the wage budget. Those 3 players will be earning a combined fee of more than what Sanchez would have been on. FFP doesnt just look at money spent on transfers but the wage bill too. 

But, we also got Kozak, Gil, Sanchez, and likely Veretout, Amavi and Cissokho all off the wage bill, and hopefully one or two more (Richards and Elphick), and that might balance out. Plus I'm really interested in what that RECON back of the shirt sponsor is bringing in!

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Interesting so many think we have the best squad in the division, Bruce is going in to this season with a lot of pressure on if that's the case.

He's had pressure applied at all times by impatient fans, it's not new to him. Last season when Jedi played, we usually won. We now have cover. We had one of the meanest defences, we have now strengthened. For me, the pressure is on the likes of Gabby, Kodjia (though he has nothing to prove), Grealish (he is young but needs to improve this season) and then our other forwards. Fortunately we've also strengthened there with Elmo (second most crosses in the prem last 4 years) and we have Green coming through and with luck a motivated Mcoremack and maybe just maybe another big forward coming in. This squad is STOCKED. 

• Like 1