Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Wouldn't it be great if someone came up with the idea of creating somewhere that fans of football teams can come together and have healthy debate on all matters relating to their own club - some may even choose to have the temerity to question the managers judgement on certain decisions - wow !! I wish I knew of such a place.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Wouldn't it be great if someone came up with the idea of creating somewhere that fans of football teams can come together and have healthy debate on all matters relating to their own club - some may even choose to have the temerity to question the managers judgement on certain decisions - wow !! I wish I knew of such a place.

Whilst I agree with the sarcastic sentiment, it can get a little dull reading the same hyperbolic posts over and over again. 

Sadly there appears to be little or no debate but the butting of heads between polar opposites of an argument, not a discussion. 

Society in general is becoming more hyperbolic with things either being GOAT or just shit. Where has the middle ground gone?

Debate is good but 'shouting' at each other without acknowledging or discussing the matter or viewpoint (other than I'm right therefore you're wrong) is just a waste of time. 

(This isn't a post knocking you @davej

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Er, yet again.....nobody has an issue with questioning."on certain decisions"......

But you said effectively as his judgment on a player didn't match yours it was another reason why he shouldn't be here.

Thats rather more than simply stating a view on a decision.

And on any event nobody stopped you have they ? 

Dont you think that mythical Forum you mentioned would be healthier if not only could people post their views, but others could disagree ?

• Like 2

With some of the costly mistakes made on previous recent transfers, and the focus that is now on new signatures, and the appointment of Steve Round, surely who we look at and eventually sign have been suitably vetted? 

3 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Do we need anyone else for the starting XI?

Johnstone

De Laet Terry Chester Taylor

Lansbury Jedi Hourihane 

McCormack

Hogan             Kodjia

(McCormack as the link, Hogan through the middle, Kodjia cutting in from the left.)

Steer, Bree, Baker, Thor, Grealish, Adomah, Green 

That is a great team, and seeing that lineup on match day would fill me with confidence.

Unfortunately, footballers are animals that need to sleep, be fed, and occasionally get sick or injured.

In a perfect world, it would be great for the manager to have a range of players to choose from, allowing him to counter and exploit the opposing team's strengths and weaknesses.

We have the team, but our lack of depth last season was a big part of our downfall.

• Like 1

So we are upset to be linked with elmohamady? Until he actually signs which I don't think he will, then we can praise or criticise the judgment of that signing. Where did this link even come from? 

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

That's a shame, we should really try and lure him, he's a talent and a workhorse from what I've seen. £5m isn't too bad either, surely we could do that?

I think we could offer £5m but I suspect that matching Watford's offer for Chalobah might not cut it in any case because he has played there before, it is near to London and they are in the division above us. Of course if SB does want him he could send JT round to make him an offer he cannot refuse. ;) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's not the temerity to question the manager that's the issue it's the constant never ending circular open criticism of the manager which permeates throughout the whole site. It's just very very tiresome and boring and pollutes what otherwise might be an interesting and fun debate on other issues. 

Exactly

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

it will never catch on

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

problem is Dave, when its just about everything he does with some posters.....folk get suspicious.

I'm going to suggest this yet again, but seeing as Everton are going spending crazy this summer and are now linked with Sigurdsson for silly money, why don't we make a move for Barry? Other than the unrealistic (Cahill, Milner and Benteke in the main) he's the only ex-player I'd like to see back at the club and think he would greatly benefit us. He'd be a lot more useful than the likes of Whelen or even Jedinak, you want experience and he's got it in bundles. It's ambitious but it's doable.

Why would he come here? Two/three year deal to do same as Terry (coaching too) but with the added benefit of maybe getting us back up and having one more season in the Premier League, no pressure because focus all on Terry, know he loves the club and it's looking increasingly likely his playing time at Everton is going to be minimal. He's not going to get many offers in the Premier League so we'd just be fighting the Burnley, Bournemouth and West Broms of the division. We might look a more exciting prospect.

I know I'm just dreaming but this is who we should be going for. Mr Villa to basically round off our squad for the upcoming season;

3-4-3                                                                            4-4-2

Johnstone                                                                 Johnstone

Chester Terry Baker                                            Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Barry                                                   Adomah Barry Hourihane Green

Adomah Hourihane Lansbury                                         Hogan    Kodjia

McCormack (or Grealish)

Hogan Kodjia

Shame it'll never happen but, for me, this would be a way better signing than JT.

A good source on twitter (generally gets Newcastle/Sunderland stuff correct).. has said we are after Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina. Surely we couldnt induce him over?

24 year old 191 cm.. target man style striker. Could use him upfront with Kodjia and Hogan either side. McCormack and Gabby/RHM as back ups. Besiktas trying to loan him. Could be loan with view to permanent.

Anyway.. unlikely but there it is.

Edited by KSV

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

A good source on twitter (generally gets Newcastle/Sunderland stuff correct).. has said we are after Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina. Surely we couldnt enduce him over?

24 year old 191 cm.. target man style striker. Could use him upfront with Kodjia and Hogan either side. McCormack and Gabby/RHM as back ups. 

Sure, we can enduce, as this is the tread to specteculate. :P

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Sure, we can enduce, as this is the tread to specteculate. :P

Smart arse. Im working and looking at twitter. Leave me alone spelling police :P

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KSV said:

A good source on twitter (generally gets Newcastle/Sunderland stuff correct).. has said we are after Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina. Surely we couldnt induce him over?

24 year old 191 cm.. target man style striker. Could use him upfront with Kodjia and Hogan either side. McCormack and Gabby/RHM as back ups. Besiktas trying to loan him. Could be loan with view to permanent.

Kumbayah mylord, , Khouma, Kumbayah mylord, Khouma... 

Ohhh lord Babacar!.. 

10 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

No more strikers please.

Numbers wise looking from the outside I'd be with you, however since 1 is made of glass and another with a history of barricading himself in his house I'm not so sure!

hopefully this season will be totally different on both fronts but if it were to repeat itself we are an Sod's law injury to kodge away from promotion disaster.

I don't think we can take the chance.

So... in my view we need the following.

GK - Which will be Johnstone

LB - We need cover for Taylor

LW & RW - We badly lack width and this needs looking at

Forward - We are well stocked but several of them have issues of one form or another. So a forward on loan.

So I think we need 5 but think it will be less than that.

• Like 4