Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I think we will probably get the following;

GK (Johnstone seems sorted)

LB cover 

LW for width on the left, in relatively happy with a Adomah on the right.

CM cover for Jedi, probably Whelan but I'd love Chalobah on loan.

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I still think Lyden can be that guy if he stays fit.

Would love to see one of the younger players given that chance but I think Whelan will be signed before the window closes to cover or play alongside Jedinak.

11 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It seems Amavi has reportedly failed a medical. I wonder if there's any link to his knee or an underlying issue elsewhere. Fingers crossed for the lad. 

Interesting if true, but these things can be overcome. Remember something a few years back about us signing Victor Wanyama only he failed the medical and had "the knees of a 90 year old" then ended up at celtic a few days later and, well, you know the rest.

I still think there is a serious player in Amavi, but it just hasn't worked out. I still think we should recoup the 9m we paid for him at least, but prob wishful thinking.

8 minutes ago, peterms said:

Perhaps it just meant his hobby was collecting interesting surgical memorabilia?

Chuckled out loud at this -still am.....

:D 

• Like 1

Barry to WBA? We really should be all over this. Take him over Whelan any day. Could even cover as LB (even though Amavi seems to be staying now!)

Exactly what we are missing in games.. a bit of composure in midfield. havent had it since Stan retired. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Barry to WBA? We really should be all over this. Take him over Whelan any day. Could even cover as LB (even though Amavi seems to be staying now!)

Exactly what we are missing in games.. a bit of composure in midfield. havent had it since Stan retired. 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Crucial to our season.

I won't feel comfortable until we can find someone to give us that......thought Whelan could be that player, but that is dragging on.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, striker said:

Would love to see one of the younger players given that chance but I think Whelan will be signed before the window closes to cover or play alongside Jedinak.

Personally I would have him playing alongside....like this

GK

FB -CD-CD-FB

AM-DM-DM/AM-AM

ST-ST

bearing in mind formations change during a season for all sorts of reasons.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, striker said:

Not too disappointed at all with the sale of Amavi falling through if it means Villa won't be signing Whelan and Elmohamady although Xia might stump up the money anyway?

I'd much rather keep Amavi than using the proceeds of his sale to buy two duff players nearing the end of their careers.

Gil sale may cover those two duffers

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Personally I would have him playing alongside....like this

GK

FB -CD-CD-FB

DM-DM/AM

AM-AM-AM

ST-ST

bearing in mind formations change during a season for all sorts of reasons.

Lining up with a 4-2-3-2 is definitely ballsy.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

It seems Amavi has reportedly failed a medical. I wonder if there's any link to his knee or an underlying issue elsewhere. Fingers crossed for the lad. 

I didn't even know a medical covered the players fingers

• Like 3

4 hours ago, peterms said:

Perhaps it just meant his hobby was collecting interesting surgical memorabilia?

Yeah.

I hear he even got his fathers eyes.

Bildresultat för i even got my fathers eyes hot shots

• Like 2