Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

On 7/9/2017 at 09:42, dn1982 said:

What mistakes? Early on he let a few weak ones in but after they was solid. A clean sheet is a flea but sheet and praise goes to all the players but the major factor is the defence and keeper. Name keepers we can get for better value? It's a loan deal. 

IMO we could've looked at Liverpool and Newcastle and what they're doing with their positions. Also would've looked at Grant and McCarthy. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

Not too disappointed at all with the sale of Amavi falling through if it means Villa won't be signing Whelan and Elmohamady although Xia might stump up the money anyway?

I'd much rather keep Amavi than using the proceeds of his sale to buy two duff players nearing the end of their careers.

In some twist of fate it could lead to Veretout staying to fill a midfield role?

I feel they will still be after a winger at least though.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So... in my view we need the following.

GK - Which will be Johnstone

LB - We need cover for Taylor

LW & RW - We badly lack width and this needs looking at

Forward - We are well stocked but several of them have issues of one form or another. So a forward on loan.

So I think we need 5 but think it will be less than that.

Could Amavi now provide cover for LB and play LW? 

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Barry to WBA? We really should be all over this. Take him over Whelan any day. Could even cover as LB (even though Amavi seems to be staying now!)

Exactly what we are missing in games.. a bit of composure in midfield. havent had it since Stan retired. 

Barry and Jedinak would sort our DM between them for me but does SB want him? Would GB also want to drop down a division to play for us again rather than stay in the PL and get the odd game up there? One thing that is for sure is if he has the choice of signing for us or for WBA he will burn his bridges with us by choosing The Baggies!   

Surely they wouldn't let him go for £6m when they got £10-12m for Hogan? I don't feel they are in that much need of the cash. They are building a new stadium at present. Would be bizarre to sell one of your best players to a direct rival on the cheap. 

9 hours ago, skarroki said:

Derby apparently after Jota for £6mil. The guy looked a class above for Brentford last season and I think he'd improve the team and would go straight into the starting XI

He was on the bench until they sold Hogan to us.  I think we're plenty good enough up front tbh.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Anyone else concerned with the 30+ year olds we are being linked to? Also the type of player - McCarthur, Whelan, Crouch, Murphy? Or am I worrying for nothing.

We have a good base for a prem league squad and a good crop of young players. We do not need to concern ourselves with ages at present, we simply need to supplement what we have with seasoned professionals. Long term does not matter at the moment, only the next 10months. If we achieve what we need to, we can worry about the long term then