Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Think he went on loan due to homesickness tbf. Was Brentford's player of the season in his first campaign there. Either way, Brentford have said they will only sell to a Prem club so it's probably moot! Plenty more fish in the sea......................:ph34r:

TBH I'm a little baffled why we're even in for strikers, IF we're in for them (the links might all be crap).  With it looking likely that McCormack will be back on board, and RHM a year older, we've got 3 first choice (JK, SH, RMC) and 3 senior subs (RHM, KD, GA).

• Like 3

Just now, BOF said:

TBH I'm a little baffled why we're even in for strikers, IF we're in for them (the links might all be crap).  With it looking likely that McCormack will be back on board, and RHM a year older, we've got 3 first choice (JK, SH, RMC) and 3 senior subs (RHM, KD, GA).

I'm with you. If we had plenty to spend, I could see some benefit to bringing another option in, given that JK was the only stiker to really perform last season. Given that we seem to be restricted by FFP, links to Crouch et al are confusing, and I think McCormack, Hogan, etc are more than enough for a side with promotion aspirations. Jota mainly plays wide right so I'd make an exception for him, but as I said, it's unlikely Brentford would sell him to a Champ club (though they said the same re Hogan).

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

Depends how he wants to line up i guess. If wants to start Kodjia McCormack and Hogan.. our options to bring off the bench.. will be Gabby or two kids. If one or two get injured.. were not left with much. Maybe he thinks 1 more senior striker.. will probably send out the two kids on loan to league 1 for games. 

Just now, KSV said:

Depends how he wants to line up i guess. If wants to start Kodjia McCormack and Hogan.. our options to bring off the bench.. will be Gabby or two kids. If one or two get injured.. were not left with much. Maybe he thinks 1 more senior striker.. will probably send out the two kids on loan to league 1 for games. 

In that situation I'd expect the likes of Adomah and Grealish could deputise in the #10 role.  In fact I doubt Adomah will be out of the side much, given how creative he is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

In that situation I'd expect the likes of Adomah and Grealish could deputise in the #10 role.  In fact I doubt Adomah will be out of the side much, given how creative he is.

yeah who knows.. Media may be linking us assuming McCormack still out of favour.. Crouch rumours were bs. 

If we go to a back 3.. we may need to get another CB.. even if Elphick stays.. maybe thats why Samba is still here. Baker is injury prone and Terry is old. Back 3 wont work with Elphick Samba and Chester. 

Just now, KSV said:

yeah who knows.. Media may be linking us assuming McCormack still out of favour.. Crouch rumours were bs. 

If we go to a back 3.. we may need to get another CB.. even if Elphick stays.. maybe thats why Samba is still here. Baker is injury prone and Terry is old. Back 3 wont work with Elphick Samba and Chester. 

de Laet can play centre back so that'd be JC, JT, NB, RDL and I think Taylor could play left sided in a 3 CB formation, with Amavi playing at LWB.  I'm not against another CB but it wouldn't surprise me if we looked elsewhere.

Just now, BOF said:

de Laet can play centre back so that'd be JC, JT, NB, RDL and I think Taylor could play left sided in a 3 CB formation, with Amavi playing at LWB.  I'm not against another CB but it wouldn't surprise me if we looked elsewhere.

well yeah i guess we have more priority areas like DM and a winger... rather than striker and CB.. I still think Amavi will go.. probably to France

Just now, KSV said:

well yeah i guess we have more priority areas like DM and a winger... rather than striker and CB.. I still think Amavi will go.. probably to France

Yep that's true too, plans/priorities will change as the existing players get sold.

16 minutes ago, KSV said:

He's hardly still here is he?! please no.

I am still hoping for a DM that can add that needed steel and resilience to our team.....but is also known /comfortable with getting about the midfied....a dynamic DM

• Whelan
  • McArthur
  • etc

I love Jed, I really do but see him as more static and despite the crucial role he plays, i think we need one in addition like above.

I believe with this bit of the team fixed.....the knock on effect will be a transformation in our offensive players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

GARETH BARRY PLEASE!

Ideally.

...never really replaced him did we?

Edited by TRO

I'm genuinely unsure where we are likely to strengthen now. Maybe overly optimistic, but I can see with Johnstone and possibly Elmohamedy we have easily the best squad in the league with a lot of depth. 

I suspect the Hull game is will give us a real insight into what lays ahead for us this season. Tony may be encouraged to spend more if negative

Would Barry not to be slow with Terry in defense and Jed besdie him?

The combination of Terry in defense and Barry in midfield was too slow in 2010 let alone 7 years later (See England vs Germany WC 2010)