Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Infinte_Pest said:

Nixon is one of the most reliable sauces on Villa, why not, offers the squad something new and who doesn't love Crouchy?  

What happened to Hernandez , can we not 'Jordan Amavi' Hull and buy him instead

Nixon is a northern reporter whose career has covered Blackburn in the main - far from reliable on villa stuff but he may have heard this from elsewhere.

crouch would give us another option as Rudy did - he is still good enough for a season at this level and I see no problem if we signed him- the aim is promotion and if a few old heads help achieve that then so be it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Nixon is a northern reporter whose career has covered Blackburn in the main - far from reliable on villa stuff but he may have heard this from elsewhere.

crouch would give us another option as Rudy did - he is still good enough for a season at this level and I see no problem if we signed him- the aim is promotion and if a few old heads help achieve that then so be it.

To be fair Nixon has always been pretty spot on with villa stuff. 

Nixon must have some contacts at Villa because he was first with the news of us signing Amavi, Veretout, Ayew and Terry, from memory.

He is definitely one of the more reliable journalists.

9 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Nixon must have some contacts at Villa because he was first with the news of us signing Amavi, Veretout, Ayew and Terry, from memory.

He is definitely one of the more reliable journalists.

He's spent his career in the north west but no doubt will have heard some stuff , there are other journalists in the written media I find more accurate - of the 4 players you mention john Percy for one was ahead of Nixon on 3 of them.

Regardless of that he's not a bullshit merchant and I can see why we would want crouch to provide another different option .

Edited by Eastie

I know Crouch has good feet for a giant but let's face it, to get the best out of him these days he needs crosses to feed off. I'm not sure we scored too many headed goals from crosses last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, villarocker said:

I know Crouch has good feet for a giant but let's face it, to get the best out of him these days he needs crosses to feed off. I'm not sure we scored too many headed goals from crosses last season. 

Very true - would he get the supply from out wide ? 

Certainly a far better option than gestede was as crouch has good movement and is a decent finisher - if we could get him on a free it would add that something extra up front .

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

He has never really been a target man, despite his height. Needs the ball at his feet. 

• Like 2

I trust the management but the Crouch link is pretty unexciting. He could probably do a job and get another year out of his legs at this level, similar to Terry although obv was never at the same level. 

If he can chip in with a few goals when we're struggling then could help out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He has never really been a target man, despite his height. Needs the ball at his feet. 

His hold up and link play is also very good , for a player his size he is exceptionally good with his feet.

• Like 3

Mentioned the possible signing of Crouch before on here so would be delighted to see him back in a Villa shirt if the rumour is true. Would give Villa the option they are missing up front since Gestede left and is much better than Gestede anyway.

Not advocating too many more experienced signings but on a 1 year deal would be a much better signing than Terry and he is something that Villa lack up top. Someone to hold the ball up giving time for Villa's attacking midfielders to run off him which was sadly lacking in Villa's play last season.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

Wouldn't mind Crouch for a season, however in what role would he play? Striker wise we already have Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack, Gabby, RHM and Davis who are felt may have some part to play this season. Unless 1 or 2 of them are on their way out (either permanent or loan) we don't have the space surely?! Gabby out for good and either RHM or Davis on loan would look to be the likely options IMO. 

Even then he would be quite fair down the pecking order and whilst I know he won't be first choice for Stoke, having just got rid of Walters too he is likely to get some game time there surely? Why would he come here as a squad player?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I couldn't give a **** who we sign as long as we get promoted.

I'm not convinced that signing young players is any better than signing 'older' players. 

Does signing Whelan sound as exciting as signing football manager legend Ruben Neves for £15m? Of course not but at this stage I couldn't care less about being excitied.

I want to see a team that looks like they have a plan so if these are the players Bruce is after then it's over to him....

This this megathis 

9 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I couldn't give a **** who we sign as long as we get promoted.

I'm not convinced that signing young players is any better than signing 'older' players. 

Does signing Whelan sound as exciting as signing football manager legend Ruben Neves for £15m? Of course not but at this stage I couldn't care less about being excitied.

I want to see a team that looks like they have a plan so if these are the players Bruce is after then it's over to him....

I don't think anyone does. 

But we aren't promoted so people are going to give their opinions on wether the players we are signing can help achieve this. 

• Like 3

I'll add to my other post that wolves, whilst probably getting these players through shady means, have some of the most promising young players in world football (according to football manager) and that got them now where last season.

whilst I'd love to see us really build an identity based around signing young players and playing attacking football you need time for that. Time which at the moment we don't need to mess around with. We've got one more season to get out before we're stuck here for a while.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't think anyone does. 

But we aren't promoted so people are going to give their opinions on wether the players we are signing can help achieve this. 

I know. That's what I just did. 

On 7/5/2017 at 17:27, sne said:

Hope we sign him and Whelan.

Will be fun to watch the slowest central line in the history of football if we play Samba, Terry, Jedinak & Whelan together.

Just need Crouch to bring it all together.

Perhaps Nixon just read my post in the Samba thread from earlier this week and went from there?

Yes I know I'm quoting myself...

15 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'll add to my other post that wolves, whilst probably getting these players through shady means, have some of the most promising young players in world football (according to football manager) and that got them now where last season.

whilst I'd love to see us really build an identity based around signing young players and playing attacking football you need time for that. Time which at the moment we don't need to mess around with. We've got one more season to get out before we're stuck here for a while.

They will find it tough in the championship and a far cry from Porto - still a big gamble paying big money for young oversea player although I'm sure his agent is laughing all the way to the bank.

i don't think Wolves will be one of our biggest challengers this season - maybe play off contenders if they are lucky but we should really be aiming for top 2 with the squad we have  .

• Like 2