17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

When did Traore morph into being the new Pele? 

i know :crylaugh:he did nothing against us this season. He’s got a weapon sure, but not one that can’t be nullified.

3 games, championship sides - we can do this.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe, when he was given a chance.

Can you imagine having the financial strength to bring back all the players we lost when/if we go up?

Idrissa Gueye, Benteke (The good one), Ashley Young, Marc Albrighton, Amavi, Vertout, Adama, Cahill, Lowton, Vertout?

Sure i'm missing a few important ones but you get the point, all of them in the same team along with Grealish etc.

100 mill, get it done doc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

He could have had been given more of a chance in the season we went down, granted.

But then he could have given us more of a chance last season instead of jumping ship at the first available opportunity.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s got a weapon sure, but not one that can’t be nullified

Well I’m not sure about that, I’ve not seen him in the shower, but I’ll go with your superior knowledge......

33 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Id be looking for taylor to do a similar job with traore as he did with alioski at elland road. He man marked him that night and did an excellent job. If traore runs at him we'll be in trouble. 

If Taylor gets in the side against Boro then we might as well start preparing for the championship next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I asked the question because everytime I've seen him he's been pants. Rather like when he was given a chance for us seems to run a lot and look flash then lose the ball. 

As this is the Championship I find it hard to believe he would have torn anything up in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Id be looking for taylor to do a similar job with traore as he did with alioski at elland road. He man marked him that night and did an excellent job. If traore runs at him we'll be in trouble. 

Hutton will be left back in the play offs, no way should Taylor be starting after the goal he gifted today.

• Like 1

What is quite interesting for the last game of the season you’ve got 4 of the teams at risk of relegation facing one of Fulham, Cardiff, Derby and Preston. Those 4 games are huge at both ends of the table, particularly SHA and Reading need to be exceptionally worried. Barnsley and Burton seem to have just got some form at the very last minute and could be tough for Derby/Preston respectively. All of those teams must get some points in order to be promoted/playoff/stay up. I’m just glad that Millwall, barring overturning a large GD, aren’t going to be in the playoffs! Whilst they may go for it, we can probably rest a few players for a mauling there...

As it stands, barring a 3 goal difference swing and Derby pulling level with Middlesbrough, we shall face Middlesbrough. So long as Hutton plays instead of Taylor we should be OK! Would probably shove Jedinak at holding for the 1st game and Bjarnasson for the 2nd. Credit though for Whelan for looking better 2nd half yesterday; but I would still want the others there. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

When did Traore morph into being the new Pele? 

No one has remotely claimed he’s anything of the sort but there’s no doubt he is the biggest danger in  the boro side ,

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

No one has remotely claimed he’s anything of the sort but there’s no doubt he is the biggest danger in  the boro side ,

I see assombolonga as more of a threat tbh. Traore has no end product

• Like 2