17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Dont get your hopes up. Sunderland's players will find a way to lose. They always do.

Good. We need a Fulham win. I don't care what anyone says, we need to avoid them in the final. If they lose today Cardiff will get 2nd.

• Like 1

Hopefully now, with the pressure on, Cardiff only get a point tomorrow. That will leave Fulham with control heading I to the last round. 

I would not worry about playing Cardiff in the play offs one bit. Especially after bottling automatic promotion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They say you earn your luck and you can't argue with 24 odd games unbeaten. 

Ref ruined this game though.

maybe so, but in this game the right decisions would have had Sunderland taking the win tonight.

• Like 1

The worst result would have been a Fulham loss. If they'd lost, the pressure would have been off Cardiff and 2nd place would probably have been tied up by this time tomorrow. With this result (or a draw perhaps) Villa can mathematically still get automatics but, way more importantly, it increases the chances of Fulham going up automatically - they are a far better team than Cardiff.

Villa will more than likely be mathematically ruled out tomorrow regardless, so the next best thing is Fulham take 2nd spot.

Happy with that - win our game 2-0 or 3-0 tomorrow and we're a Fulham loss away from overtaking them - and if Cardiff drop points it's on. Was expecting Fulham's GD to be out of sight this evening. 

• Like 3

Hah, I thought that was us mathematically out of it, Fulham lose their last and we win our 2 by a couple of goals and it could still happen.  Really can't see it though, I had hoped the fate was sealed so we could concentrate on what we are going to do in the play offs. 

I bet bloody Cardiff lose tomorrow and we win just to prolong the agony. 

Edited by sidcow

8 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

The worst result would have been a Fulham loss. If they'd lost, the pressure would have been off Cardiff and 2nd place would probably have been tied up by this time tomorrow. With this result (or a draw perhaps) Villa can mathematically still get automatics but, way more importantly, it increases the chances of Fulham going up automatically - they are a far better team than Cardiff.

Villa will more than likely be mathematically ruled out tomorrow regardless, so the next best thing is Fulham take 2nd spot.

The best result would have been a Fulham loss. And then a Cardiff loss. And then both losing again.

Until we're ruled out, considering we have no influence in the outcomes at all, the best result in any game is a loss.

I've said once before in here, the best team to play in the play-offs is the one that misses out.

• Like 2

May as well switch to 18/19 Promotion Charge. August’s opening match: Steer-Elmo, Terry, Samba, Taylor-Albrighton, Bjarnason, Hourihane, Adomah-O’Hare-Grabban Subs: Siegriest, Hepburn-Murphy, Suliman, Lansbury, 3 loanees or academies. Stoke 3 (Shawcross, Crouch 2) Villa 1 (Loanee, possibly Solanke)