17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

58 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

they have added that last bit in as yesterday it was your cards are valid for the semi final!!  Frustrating as that to me meant free entry.  Cards will be needed should you purchase a ticket would have been the sensible wording!!

We know the game is on the Tuesday so why they can't just announce pricing is a mystery!

No we don't. The news item on the website has play off matches A and B-  and these have not yet been confirmed as either 3rd v 6th or 4th v 5th.

Edited by The Fun Factory

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Know we don't. The news item on the website has play off matches A and B-  and these have not yet been confirmed as either 3rd v 6th or 4th v 5th.

we can't finish anywhere but 4th so yes we do!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

we can't finish anywhere but 4th so yes we do!

No that is not quite  correct. From Pravda-

Below are the dates and times for the semi-finals. Please note 'Championship A' and 'Championship B' matches have not yet been confirmed as either 3rd v 6th or 4th v 5th.

Opposition and fixture details will be outlined in due course.

Dates and kick-off times are in full below:

Friday 11th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF A, 7.45pm

Saturday 12th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF B, 5.15pm

Monday 14th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF A, 7.45pm

Tuesday 15th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF B, 7.45pm

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/play-off-championship-dates-villa-14414843

Play-off dates
Sky Bet Championship

Friday 11th May 2018: 6th v 3rd, 7.45pm

Saturday 12th May 2018: 5th v 4th, 5.15pm

Monday 14th May 2018: 3rd v 6th, 7.45pm

Tuesday 15th May 2018: 4th v 5th, 7.45pm

Edit: Don't take these as gospel. The Brum Mail is the only place confirming which fixture is A and which is B. 

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

No that is not quite  correct. From Pravda-

Below are the dates and times for the semi-finals. Please note 'Championship A' and 'Championship B' matches have not yet been confirmed as either 3rd v 6th or 4th v 5th.

Opposition and fixture details will be outlined in due course.

Dates and kick-off times are in full below:

Friday 11th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF A, 7.45pm

Saturday 12th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF B, 5.15pm

Monday 14th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF A, 7.45pm

Tuesday 15th May 2018: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF B, 7.45pm

The usual format for play offs is play off A being 6th versus 3rd and play off b is 5th v 4th . 

‘Our games will be Saturday and Tuesday 

Edited by Eastie

Championship

The regulations

The EFL guidelines state: "The Semi-Final matches shall be played over two legs. 

"In the Semi-Finals, the two teams who finished in the First and Second Play-Off place in The League, will play away from home in the first leg against the Fourth and Third placed team respectively. These pairings will be reversed for the second leg. 

"In the Semi-Finals, the first leg shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes duration. If the aggregate scores are level at the end of 90 (ninety) minutes in the second leg, extra time will be played.

"If the scores remain level at the end of extra time the tie will be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark, in accordance with the Laws of Association Football. Away goals do not count.

"In the Final, if the score is level at the end of 90 (ninety) minutes, extra time will be played, followed 
if necessary by kicks from the penalty mark, in accordance with the Laws of Association Football."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/play-off-championship-dates-villa-14414843

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

Edit: Don't take these as gospel. The Brum Mail is the only place confirming which fixture is A and which is B. 

Usual practise is -

A is 6th v 3rd 

B is 5th v 4th 

‘highest placed play off team is fixture A 

‘’the only proviso for previous change in order has been on police advice mainly when 2 teams from the same city are against each other , that cannot happen in this case .

ie - Had we finished 3rd and blues finished 6th then it’s likely our play off would have been switched to the earlier Saturday slot  on police advice .

Edited by Eastie

I’m dreading the playoffs. Just thinking about them gives me butterflies, and we’ve got 2 weeks until the first leg. It’s going to be horrendous to watch especially if we reach the final. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I’m dreading the playoffs. Just thinking about them gives me butterflies, and we’ve got 2 weeks until the first leg. It’s going to be horrendous to watch especially if we reach the final. 

honestly, just enjoy it for what it is

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Totally mate, but that's also what's making it so bloody exciting. I really can't wait for it to start.

Not a lot of recovery time between those first couple of playoff games are there? I can see us having some tired legs out there when the second game comes along but I guess it will be the same for both clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thejoker said:

I am planning a self induced coma.....will wake up after the final.:D

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Championship

The regulations

"If the scores remain level at the end of extra time the tie will be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark, in accordance with the Laws of Association Football. Away goals do not count.

Blimey....so if we lose 0-3 at their place but Win 4-3 at ours, we Win !!;)

Edited by terrytini
  • Haha 4