17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Any idea whether we'll play on the Friday or Saturday for first leg of play-offs? I'm guessing we'll be second up.

Ideally I'd have Derby leapfrog Boro and be confident we could do them in the semi with Boro to squeak past a deflated Fulham and Bruce to handle Pulis in the final.

11 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Any idea whether we'll play on the Friday or Saturday for first leg of play-offs? I'm guessing we'll be second up.

Ideally I'd have Derby leapfrog Boro and be confident we could do them in the semi with Boro to squeak past a deflated Fulham and Bruce to handle Pulis in the final.

Saturday 12th at  5-15 and 2nd leg is tues 15th  7-45 .

Edited by Eastie

Bonus that season ticket holders get in for free for the 2nd leg of the play offs.  I don't see any reason we can't win at home with 42K in attendance.

Bruce can be in his element and keep it tight in the away leg and finish the job at Villa Park.

24 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Bonus that season ticket holders get in for free for the 2nd leg of the play offs.  I don't see any reason we can't win at home with 42K in attendance.

Bruce can be in his element and keep it tight in the away leg and finish the job at Villa Park.

I think the return leg as long as we haven't been heavily thumped first leg will be another sell out.

It Will be boro we have. Hanford, and traore are the huge threats as is assemboga 

If we can cope with them we should be ok.

It be good if millwall finish 6th as they will give fulham more trouble than derby who will get destroyed by them 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the return leg as long as we haven't been heavily thumped first leg will be another sell out.

It Will be boro we have. Hanford, and traore are the huge threats as is assemboga 

If we can cope with them we should be ok.

It be good if millwall finish 6th as they will give fulham more trouble than derby who will get destroyed by them 

Millwall finish 6th. Have you looked at the league table?

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Millwall finish 6th. Have you looked at the league table?

Yeah its three points but didn't realise there is a 9 point swing.

Derby would do better than preston so better they play fulham. Derby can be dangerous when they are up for it

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where have you seen this confirmed?

I've not seen any mention of this either. 

The only mentionon the OS is that season tickets holders need to keep hold of their cards (you need to anyway if you have renewed) as we will need them for the play offs. 

No mention of anything regarding free entry. 

2 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

I see assombolonga as more of a threat tbh. Traore has no end product

He's had like 6-7 assists and a few man of the match awards the last few months.

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

He's had like 6-7 assists and a few man of the match awards the last few months.

I think it's fair to say we should be worried about them both. I think we'll nullify them more by keeping possession and maintaining the pressure ourselves.

12 minutes ago, KSV said:

10 assists and I think he is is top for most chances created. I don't think he will go on to do good things at a higher level, but it's the Championship and he has pace. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

10 assists and I think he is is top for most chances created. I don't think he will go on to do good things at a higher level, but it's the Championship and he has pace. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Yeah I don't think people realise how good he's been playing. Pulis out of all people has got the best out of him. Derby fans were petrified of him a few weeks back. Look at his highlights. We all remember how quick he is.. now he's adding crossing and getting some real assists. My concern is we have a very slow and not very powerful back line to handle him. Hutton is quick but he will get murdered by his trickery. 

We will need Adomah to play to man mark and assist Hutton in shutting him down. Maybe Mile at DM. Exclusively on that side just to try and foul him out of the game. 

This is where I am worried with Bruce. In the away leg.. if we sit back to counter.. we will get murdered and leave to much to do at VP. We really need to play like we play at home. Dominate the possession and keep their chances to a minimum and hope we have enough in attack. Derby made us look silly in counter attacks too. 

Boro is a tough tough match. Maybe we should have left Derby beat us. Would fancy two matches against them.

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

Yeah I don't think people realise how good he's been playing. Pulis out of all people has got the best out of him. Derby fans were petrified of him a few weeks back. Look at his highlights. We all remember how quick he is.. now he's adding crossing and getting some real assists. My concern is we have a very slow and not very powerful back line to handle him. Hutton is quick but he will get murdered by his trickery. 

We will need Adomah to play to man mark and assist Hutton in shutting him down. Maybe Mile at DM. Exclusively on that side just to try and foul him out of the game. 

This is where I am worried with Bruce. In the away leg.. if we sit back to counter.. we will get murdered and leave to much to do at VP. We really need to play like we play at home. Dominate the possession and keep their chances to a minimum and hope we have enough in attack. Derby made us look silly in counter attacks too. 

Boro is a tough tough match. Maybe we should have left Derby beat us. Would fancy two matches against them.

I remember the year he took hull up beating wednesday in the final, they beat derby 3-0 away in the first leg, mind you they lost 2-0 at home in the 2nd leg. But we might not be as cautious at the riverside as we think.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He could definitely be decent at a higher level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not when Hutton came on they didn’t 

yep, surprised with just how much of an effect this made. 

Taylor was having a mare, but they were already targeting him before they knew.

6 hours ago, S-Platt said:

That is not true- the website says just keep them and 'payment details will be confirmed in due course'  Also the fixture have yet to be confirmed- it is just playoff A and playoff B at moment.  The sooner we know all the details the better as fans from all the clubs can start planning for it.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is not true- the website says just keep them and 'payment details will be confirmed in due course'  Also the fixture have yet to be confirmed- it is just playoff A and playoff B at moment.  The sooner we know all the details the better as fans from all the clubs can start planning for it.

they have added that last bit in as yesterday it was your cards are valid for the semi final!!  Frustrating as that to me meant free entry.  Cards will be needed should you purchase a ticket would have been the sensible wording!!

We know the game is on the Tuesday so why they can't just announce pricing is a mystery!