17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't SHA have to win about 3-0 aswell as Fulham are about 5-6 goals ahead of us on GD. Them just losing to SHA wouldn't be enough.

Before yesterday it was a very slim chance, now it's a next to no chance.

No our winning two games and them losing one should just about do it. The goal difference is currently 4. I do however agree that its a very slim chance although that is better than no chance at all.

Oh for wins at Bolton, at home to QPR and at Hull. We could have been up by 5 O'Clock tonight. :(

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

I'm confused as to how we would want the next couple of games to pan out, in terms of who we face in playoffs. Its made odder that we are playing two of three teams that our likely to be our opponents. I suppose we just win our games and what will be will be.

..we're going to Wembley. :D  

• Like 1

Hoping Boro drop to 6th and Derby get 5th. I’d rather play them over 2 legs and I think Boro will give Fulham a tough task over 2 legs too. 

I’m bricking it already!

We are currently the only team in the play offs that can rest players next week. Not only that, but Fulham have gotta go to the scum who will be fighting for their lives. Big chance for injuries there...

Edited by One For The Road

I feel a bit of relief. We can now focus on the Play offs. We've finished 4th and can't improve or drop from that. 

Hopefully it'll be the hope that kills our play off opposition. 

Fulham and Boro will be tough competition. Derby gave us a good match.. although i think we have their measure. 

A good old dog fight its on its way ladies and lasses. 

Bring it on. Oh wait one more week to go. Shall we just rest everyone and start RHM Calum etc. 

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Fulham and Boro will be tough competition. Derby gave us a good match.. although i think we have their measure. 

A good old dog fight its on its way ladies and lasses. 

Bring it on. Oh wait one more week to go. Shall we just rest everyone and start RHM Calum etc. 

If millwall win tonight I’d rest as many of our main players as possible. They will need to win to get the playoffs and could even drop Boro out of them

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Our destiny is to play Boro in the play off semi final in all likelihood.

The number one Villa fan will be waiting for us

tenor.gif?itemid=9259793

former Villa players at Derby and Boro too. Hopefully its not scripted badly for us

At least we know now. Away in the first leg of the semi final. We can prepare for that now without having to try anthing too risky at the den next week. Id have no fear whatsoever of boro or derby. Respect them of course but both very beatable.

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

former Villa players at Derby and Boro too. Hopefully its not scripted badly for us

Yeah that is that too. Traore is the one I would worry about as although he is inconsistent when he's on his game he is unplayable.

We can beat either team but will need to be at our best.

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Don't forget, whichever team loses out on the race for second is going to feel pretty deflated when dropping down in to the playoff mix, so that could result in an interesting final opponent, assuming we get there too, of course

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if cardiff or fulham lose over 2 legs because of this. 

• Like 1

We are going into the play offs looking good aren't we. Today we could easily have had 4 and given Derby are likely to finish in the play offs if that is an indication of the standard we are laughing.

I am extremely confident that regardless of who we play we get close to our best and we will win. Bring it on.

• Like 1