Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Whilst not that impressed with what I saw, I hope this one turns out to be a good signing...but again it just smacks of another " We have x amount of money to spend, who has scored goals recently, don't care how he plays or his style, it is isn't my money. Here is £15m. **** it."

That would be true if Bruce hadn't been watching him for a long time, and then Wyess saying it wasn't until the last week of the window his deal to west ham fell through, and Brucey was told he's available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

That would be true if Bruce hadn't been watching him for a long time, and then Wyess saying it wasn't until the last week of the window his deal to west ham fell through, and Brucey was told he's available.

Think hes looked pretty poor so far - he either seems to be offside - or falls over when he gets the ball. I can see why Kjodia doesn't pass to him ! 

I can't judge him yet, Jedinak looked appalling in most of his first 10+ games, Connor was dire, Lansbury average now both are starting to look exactly the players we were promised. I still have high hopes for Hogan I still think he can be an ultimate warrior for us and really savage opposition defences.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2017 at 21:23, KHV said:

We don't need to play both systems. We should never go anywhere near 4-4-2 ever again. It's shit, we are shit when we try it.

Hogan stays out of the team, Kodjia stays through the middle. It's as simple as that.

4-3-3 for me.

but I thought Conte's formation the other night against Utd was novel......3-4-3.

I suppose it depends on the attributes of your players and the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition.

but I believe in K.I.S.S.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

4-3-3 for me.

but I thought Conte's formation the other night against Utd was novel......3-4-3.

I suppose it depends on the attributes of your players and the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition.

but I believe in KISS.

Too disco for my tastes, but they got shit done that's for sure...

On 3/13/2017 at 21:56, sidcow said:

I seriously can't believe people are judging him already. I hate modern football I really do. 

I'm with you......I remember Ken McNaught having c20 games of doubters.

then he was just formidable....Some do take some time.

I think Scott Hogan will be the business for us, when he settles and gets used to his surroundings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

4-3-3 for me.

but I believe in K.I.S.S.

3-4-3 aint that novel though surely?! plenty played it well back end of the 80s and early 90s. How Barca played in that crazy comeback against PSG was nice, 3-3-3 with the extra one (handily Messi) going where he wanted. Argentina did it with Veron ages ago too I think. Woudl love to have the players to do that sort of stuff....

On Hogan his movement has looked great with respect to what we've been watching the last few years, just his touch and finishing have looked a bit off. Could just need some time to settle in and calm down a bit. Certainly showed signs of being decent so far, a goal will do him the power of good I'm sure.

• Like 1

His movement and positioning when not in possession are excellent, his touch has been a bit erratic but he's proven that at Brentford so it will come. My only worry is his injury record but if he can stay fit he will score hatloads .

49 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I suppose I was using my own timeframe. As I don't drink I don't go to the pub. I just go home and cry. 

I can highly recommend the drinking, it fixes everything for a few hours and then you're more concerned about recovering from the hangover than the result of the footy. Plus it makes not so hot women, hotter. 

• Like 3

Â