Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Has trained the past couple days, Bruce talking about going 2 up front again. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting. 

Agree - if going 442 then hogan will probably start - can always rest him once we are 4-0 up ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully Stevie Bruce won't change everything again to fit his vanity purchase in.

What?.... you on about the only other striker we have at the club?

Propper show off that Bruce!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 3

I actually want us to go 2 up top again, though results have improved we're still a bit dull to watch. Now the confidence flowing again it might be a good time to try the 2 up again. Better to experiment now and get the best system ready for next season.

Hogan has shown to have some good movement so I think its only a matter of time before it clicks for him.

• Like 3

I have a difficult time seeing Hogan and Kodija working well together upfront. Kodija needs to be the main man if he is to perform well. Neither of them passes the ball very well, both want to be the main striker. Hope I'm wrong, just dont see them working together. 

He should be on the bench until we start losing. It's going ok.. don't change every thing to fit him in. Competition for places. Make impact or score goals off the bench and you can start then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KSV said:

He should be on the bench until we start losing. It's going ok.. don't change every thing to fit him in. Competition for places. Make impact or score goals off the bench and you can start then.

I agree to a point but if (I didn't see) we improved with Jedinak at CB and a switch of formation then there's no reason he can't slot in. 

I don't get why people say they can't play together. All strikers want to be the main man, but you can do that in more ways than one. Of course they both want to be scoring but there's no reason why they can't be assisting each other. Having Hogan alongside may very well force Kodjia to get his head up more and release it earlier. We're not going up, we're not going down, now is absolutely the time to either build a partnership or decide if they can't work rather than judge after a couple of games with Kodjia out wide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

I agree to a point but if (I didn't see) we improved with Jedinak at CB and a switch of formation then there's no reason he can't slot in. 

I don't get why people say they can't play together. All strikers want to be the main man, but you can do that in more ways than one. Of course they both want to be scoring but there's no reason why they can't be assisting each other. Having Hogan alongside may very well force Kodjia to get his head up more and release it earlier. We're not going up, we're not going down, now is absolutely the time to either build a partnership or decide if they can't work rather than judge after a couple of games with Kodjia out wide. 

Guess there is also a chance of rebounds from shots for either etc for them to pick up.

• Like 1

I want us to go 2 up top to release some of the goal scoring burden off Kodjia.

We don't want to burn him out or be over reliant if his goals dry up, where he gets mentally tired of having no help in scoring.

I think 2 is more sustainable and balanced.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully Stevie Bruce won't change everything again to fit his vanity purchase in.

21 goals is 31 league appearances. I hope Bruce is gazing longingly at the team sheet. 

• Like 1

Problem is for me Kodjia doesn't look as good in a two...from what I've seen anyway.

He struggled to get in the Barnsley game despite the goal and I imagine it was the same v Ipswich.

It will be interesting to see what SB does...we are winning games after all. I'd be tempted to leave it to pre season personally.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Problem is for me Kodjia doesn't look as good in a two...from what I've seen anyway.

He struggled to get in the Barnsley game despite the goal and I imagine it was the same v Ipswich.

It will be interesting to see what SB does...we are winning games after all. I'd be tempted to leave it to pre season personally.

I'd do it now. Season is over, why not try and get the pair of them going in meaningful games. Preseason could look great, but then fall apart when it matters when the season starts again. 

• Like 2

I just want us to finish as strongly as possible now to take as much momentum into next season.

We're winning regularly so minimal changes for me.

Maybe rest Kodjia for the odd game and see how Hogan looks leading the line when we get a few more attacking players back.

I'm another one in the 'experiment now' camp. Pre-season friendlies are meaningless and the results can't tell you anything interesting. Their importance is in fitness work. 

We need to see if this combo can work now, against opposition who have everything to play for. 

Â