Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

21 hours ago, KHV said:

I don't think we put a lot of research in. I don't think Hogan fits in with our style of play and I think Bruce will make changes to accomodate him which will be detrimental to the rest of the team in the way we line up.

In what way does that make him a 'panic buy'?

Maybe the wrong buy, in your opinion, but I'd suggest it's waaaaaaaay too early to tell that. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 15:18, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think Hogan will be better than Kodjia, he's more of an all rounder and is younger, so more upside. Can't wait for him to get back fit and in contention. 

I agree. I think we've signed a gem, I really like the bloke.  

On 06/03/2017 at 14:58, KHV said:

I don't think we put a lot of research in. I don't think Hogan fits in with our style of play and I think Bruce will make changes to accomodate him which will be detrimental to the rest of the team in the way we line up.

We signed a whole new midfield in January, and since then we have tried about 4 different formations, so what is this "style of play" you speak of?

With so many changes it was always going to look disjointed for a while, that has nothing to do with Hogan.

This bloke is going to be a different class. 

I know it's a what if, but if we'd had him for the Huddersfield game, even to come on as a sub with 30mins left... it could've been a different story.

Obviously futile to posit alternate realities though... still, would've been great to see something different. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, av1 said:

We signed a whole new midfield in January, and since then we have tried about 4 different formations, so what is this "style of play" you speak of?

With so many changes it was always going to look disjointed for a while, that has nothing to do with Hogan.

This bloke is going to be a different class. 

I'm afraid I don't share your optimism. Expensive flop  (again) is how I see this turning out

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'm afraid I don't share your optimism. Expensive flop  (again) is how I see this turning out

As I've said previously, I knew nothing about him before he moved here.

However, at/after the first game, the commentators were seriously talking about what a brilliant signing he was going to turn out to be for us, with confidence.

The fact that he was also wanted in the Premier League tells me that if he fails here, it will more be a case of us ruining another player, than him being "a flop".

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I've said previously, I knew nothing about him before he moved here.

However, at/after the first game, the commentators were seriously talking about what a brilliant signing he was going to turn out to be for us, with confidence.

The fact that he was also wanted in the Premier League tells me that if he fails here, it will more be a case of us ruining another player, than him being "a flop".

Agreed , I was hugely impressed at forest with him but less so in the following games - there is a good player there and the goals will flow

We have one of the worst chances to goal ratios (I believe from what was posted in another thread by BOF), if we can just get someone to be clinical and finish we'd be so much better. Hopefully hogan is that player.

• Like 3

On 09/03/2017 at 17:22, KHV said:

On what basis have you come to this conclusion? 

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On what basis have you come to this conclusion? 

It's a feeling I get. I just don't think he suits how we set up. I think we have to try and accomodate him which will end up doing more harm than good.

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's a feeling I get. I just don't think he suits how we set up. I think we have to try and accomodate him which will end up doing more harm than good.

Weren't you hugely banging his drum in the summer? Saying we should sign him and he'd be a fantastic player for us? Someone was, and I thought it was you but I have been known to be wrong before so please put me straight if I've got the wrong person!

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Weren't you hugely banging his drum in the summer? Saying we should sign him and he'd be a fantastic player for us? Someone was, and I thought it was you but I have been known to be wrong before so please put me straight if I've got the wrong person!

No I wasn't banging his drum, may have been KSV?

Just now, KHV said:

No I wasn't banging his drum, may have been KSV?

Possibly. It could be anyone. I've traveled through 50 pages of the summer transfer speculation thread and can't find a mention so it's fairly possible that I've made the entire thing up! 

Just now, Mjvilla said:

Possibly. It could be anyone. I've traveled through 50 pages of the summer transfer speculation thread and can't find a mention so it's fairly possible that I've made the entire thing up! 

I didn't know anything about Scott Hogan until we spent a fortune on him

As I've never seen him before he came here I'm keeping an open mind.

The interesting thing now is if Bruce will change formation (yet again) to accommodate him into the team?

I think the 4-3-3 has shown moderate promise so I hope we stay with it.

So then the question is if he is good enough to bench Kodija, if Kodija is moved out wide or if Bruce will leave his marquee signing on the bench when fully fit?

Personally I would not mind having a good strike option on the bench and play the one currently in form (like proper clubs do).

Â