Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

How long is he out for, is it a couple of weeks or is it months?

A couple of days after the injury they thought around 4 - 5 weeks but Bruce said on Friday he was ahead of schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench against Sheff Wed.

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A couple of days after the injury they thought around 4 - 5 weeks but Bruce said on Friday he was ahead of schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench against Sheff Wed.

Thanks @markavfc40 that sounds like potentially positive news then, I think he could be brilliant for us at this level. Fingers crossed he comes back soon and can get going quickly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

May as well, he could use another seat to put his foot up!

On 3/3/2017 at 16:22, Flynnchin84 said:

Joint second highest scorer and player with the most assists?

In a team that scores, on average...ONE GOAL PER GAME!

In the championship....so does that make Adomah a good player? Not in my view.....2nd highest scorer and most assists when we're scoring 2/3 per game then yeah you have a point!

Forget stats anyway, just watch him play....!

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

In the championship....so does that make Adomah a good player? Not in my view.....2nd highest scorer and most assists when we're scoring 2/3 per game then yeah you have a point!

It makes Adomah valuable. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It makes Adomah valuable. 

Definately this season...I'd like to see another option available for next season though.

Having only one player in such an important position for a promotion push would be silly.

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think I'd use him as impact sub when he gets back.

You can see Kodjia enjoys being the main man again.

Use pre season to get Hogan and Kodjia as a partnership going.

I would have him in the team up front - if not alongside kodija then I'd let kodija back into the wider role he prefers - we need to be able to switch systems depending on circumstances - hogan will put away a lot of chances and I believe we can and should play with him and kodija in the side.

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I would have him in the team up front - if not alongside kodija then I'd let kodija back into the wider role he prefers - we need to be able to switch systems depending on circumstances - hogan will put away a lot of chances and I believe we can and should play with him and kodija in the side.

Kodjia doesn't prefer the wider role.

It's no coincidence that without Hogan we have won 3 on the bounce and Kodjia has scored in two of the three games playing through the middle. Trying to shoehorn Hogan into the team didn't help at all. Two up front doesnt work as we are too light in the middle and Kodjia out wide doesn't work as he is much stronger through the middle.

Hogan's injury was a blessing in disguise at it stopped Bruce trying every formation under the sun to try and fit players in.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

I do, he is consistently our only player who provides an outlet and carries the ball forward and is direct.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Does he prefer it? For me he looks much better down the middle. 

I'm sure part of the reason he was left city was that they signed Abraham and shifted him out wide at the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Hogan's injury was a blessing in disguise at it stopped Bruce trying every formation under the sun to try and fit players in.

Totally agree. This only highlights Bruce's (lack of) ability as a tactician, and further raises questions as to what exact role/position Hogan was bought for.

Just now, vreitti said:

Totally agree. This only highlights Bruce's (lack of) ability as a tactician, and further raises questions as to what exact role/position Hogan was bought for.

A panic buy IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Kodjia doesn't prefer the wider role.

It's no coincidence that without Hogan we have won 3 on the bounce and Kodjia has scored in two of the three games playing through the middle. Trying to shoehorn Hogan into the team didn't help at all. Two up front doesnt work as we are too light in the middle and Kodjia out wide doesn't work as he is much stronger through the middle.

Bruce has said kodija prefers the wide role and he was great there earlier now the season - he Is not a target man ether - he scotpred many goals cutting in from wide positions and hogan is a far more natural finisher .

hogan will be the key man to our promotion bid next season in my opinion and kodija will do a good job forus too - no way is it one or the other .

Edited by Eastie

26 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bruce has said kodija prefers the wide role and he was great there earlier now the season - he Is not a target man ether - he scotpred many goals cutting in from wide positions and hogan is a far more natural finisher .

hogan will be the key man to our promotion bid next season in my opinion and kodija will do a good job forus too - no way is it one or the other .

We have been much better without Hogan. 

1 hour ago, KHV said:

A panic buy IMO

Really? Why? 

Allegedly the club were tracking him from day one, but didn't think they had a chance (rightly so) until West Ham pulled out late on. 

That's the reported story, by everyone involved, what do you know otherwise?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I think he's slightly unfortunate to have been in the side for 4 straight defeats, but I don't think he can be blamed for the results.  I certainly don't think we can say that Villa in general will be stronger without him.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Really? Why? 

Allegedly the club were tracking him from day one, but didn't think they had a chance (rightly so) until West Ham pulled out late on. 

That's the reported story, by everyone involved, what do you know otherwise?

That's what I read too.  In fact Bruce was joking that it was about the only transfer they managed to keep silent right up until the end.

1 minute ago, KHV said:

We have been much better with jedinak in the team and The likes of Lansbury hourihane and kodija will create a lot of chance for hogan who is a quality finisher .

Far too soon to dismiss hogan who has not had a chance to settle in yet - kodija is a class act bUt he is not a natural finisher and can create a goal from nothing .

both will be huge players for this club .

Â