Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

I find it strange that there's been no official word on the extent of his injury (at least to my knowledge). It looked like a pretty bad one so why not quash people's fears about it?

There has and it was good news. He'll be back quicker than expected and may be available for our next game against Wigan. 

• Like 2

Be interested to see what Hogan's role for us is for rest of the season.

I don't think he'll be a disaster like McCormack was but is impact sub enough for the money we spent.

The last few weeks have shown Kodjia much prefers to do his own stuff upfront rather than in a combination.

Of course you could say sell Kodjia in the summer and go with Hogan as main striker next season but I always like strikers who can create their own chances and Kodjia can certainly do that.

Hogan looks like one of those strikers who'll heavily rely on service and we're not great at that so big risk I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Be interested to see what Hogan's role for us is for rest of the season.

I don't think he'll be a disaster like McCormack was but is impact sub enough for the money we spent.

The last few weeks have shown Kodjia much prefers to do his own stuff upfront rather than in a combination.

Of course you could say sell Kodjia in the summer and go with Hogan as main striker next season but I always like strikers who can create their own chances and Kodjia can certainly do that.

Hogan looks like one of those strikers who'll heavily rely on service and we're not great at that so big risk I think.

I expect hogan to start if fit on Saturday .

he and kodija can play together and will both bang in a load of goals for us - it's not one or the other .

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing Hogan back and playing in a team with a bit more confidence than when he made his debut. 

I think he'll be bang them in for fun next year. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

Looking forward to seeing Hogan back and playing in a team with a bit more confidence than when he made his debut. 

I think he'll be bang them in for fun next year. 

Knowing our luck, his return will coincide with Jedinak being away for 2 internationals.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Knowing our luck, his return will coincide with Jedinak being away for 2 internationals.

We have no game for 2 weeks after Saturday so hopefully a few will be fit when we face Norwich in april .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

he and kodija can play together and will both bang in a load of goals for us - it's not one or the other .

There's no proof to suggest this. 

You also then make the midfield job harder by just playing 2 in there. 

I think throwing Hogan in with the blind hope it will work will be a terrible idea. I think he's a good player but i think he was signed for a plan that Bruce is now moving away from. 

Edited by DCJonah

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's no proof to suggest this. 

You also then make the midfield job harder but just playing 2 in there. 

I think throwing Hogan in with the blind hope it will work will be a terrible idea. I think he's a good player but i think he was signed for a plan that Bruce is now moving away from. 

Why do I need proof to suggest an opinion ? 

Hogan and kodija will both play a huge part for us and I expect both to start regularly in the side - Bruce has had little choice but to change system due to the players unavailable  - why will it be a terrible idea throwing hogan in - we create and miss loads of chances - he is a finisher !

As wyness said hogan was a huge target and to suggest Bruce will throw him in in blind hope is a huge disservice to Bruce .

whether it's 442 or 433 I see both hogan and kodija being starters .

scott hogan wasn't to blame for the poor run - we had several new signings and jedinak missing - things are much better now .

Bruce said when he signed hogan that now he has the players up front to make a 442 work - he may give it another go or move kodija out wider - time will tell.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

We went 4-4-2, well more 4-4-1-1, against a good Wednesday side and won. I've not seen enough of Hogan because he's barely touched the ball for us, but I'm not sure he's the type of player to drop deep and drift around like Adomah did. Problem is if Kodjia is to be that player and Hogan the main striker, it could have a negative effect on Kodjia.

6 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

We went 4-4-2, well more 4-4-1-1, against a good Wednesday side and won. I've not seen enough of Hogan because he's barely touched the ball for us, but I'm not sure he's the type of player to drop deep and drift around like Adomah did. Problem is if Kodjia is to be that player and Hogan the main striker, it could have a negative effect on Kodjia.

Hopefully they can build a decent partnership and combine as a strike force  - both have different attributes to their game and hogan has a lot of pace too - the chances lansbury and hourihane could create along with adomah all bodes well.

24 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Problem is if Kodjia is to be that player and Hogan the main striker, it could have a negative effect on Kodjia.

It could do.....or perhaps.......

• Like 1

I'm prepared to give the Hogan-Kodjia combination a greater try than three games when Hogan first arrived at the club, when they didn't know each other's games and neither did basically all of the players behind them. 

Maybe it won't work, but let's give it another try in a more settled team. 

And if it doesn't work, then you know what, Hogan can be a very elite substitute for a while. It won't hurt us to have somebody who's genuinely good to bring off the bench and change a game. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

In the few games they played together it was an utter disaster, as a partnership and for the structure of the whole team. Whilst things do tend to have to be worked on, they and the rest of the team showed nothing to suggest 2 out and out strikers up top is a viable option.

Whilst not that impressed with what I saw, I hope this one turns out to be a good signing...but again it just smacks of another " We have x amount of money to spend, who has scored goals recently, don't care how he plays or his style, it is isn't my money. Here is £15m. **** it."

Keep the same XI as we have been, but now we have a good backup option for Kodjia. Bruce now has the option to do a straight swap, or play two good strikers up top in a time of need. 

Just don't force them both on the field if one has to be out of position Bruce. 

Â