Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

He made some very strange runs last night when he came on. Gave the wingers no chance to find him.

Amavi had it at one point and Hogan was in the middle at least a couple of yards offside screaming for it, then annoyed when he didn't get it (because Amavi could see he was offside)

I've high hopes for him but it was a strange performance for him yesterday

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He made some very strange runs last night when he came on. Gave the wingers no chance to find him.

Amavi had it at one point and Hogan was in the middle at least a couple of yards offside screaming for it, then annoyed when he didn't get it (because Amavi could see he was offside)

I've high hopes for him but it was a strange performance for him yesterday

It really was. 

He did that twice and his hold up play was non existent. 

Caused more problems coming on. 

I know its early days, but I wouldn't want to be relying on this guy for a significant contribution to our goals scored next season. I know he was very highly rated at Brentford and did very well there. But I'm seeing close to zero from him at the moment. 

I haven't been too impressed, it's his complete lack of willingness to even try and hold up the ball or run down the line to provide an option that is annoying me at the moment. There were spells against Norwich where he got into pockets and you could see he could be a good link up player, but it appears to be his way or nothing.

Reminds me of McCormack's performances for Villa so far but taking into consideration that due to injury he hasn't really had a decent run of games yet to settle i'm sure when that happens we'll see a far better player.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Reminds me of McCormack's performances for Villa so far but taking into consideration that due to injury he hasn't really had a decent run of games yet to settle i'm sure when that happens we'll see a far better player.

I think our Judgement is clouded by his off field antics - but technically I think Mccormack is the better player.  (thats nots to say I expect Mccormack to come back to us and cut it at first team level - I don't) 

On 4/10/2017 at 13:50, hippo said:

I think our Judgement is clouded by his off field antics - but technically I think Mccormack is the better player.  (thats nots to say I expect Mccormack to come back to us and cut it at first team level - I don't) 

I am loathe to back a player technically better or not when there is an absolute chasm in their attitude.

i would not touch a player with an iffy attitude with a ten foot barge pole.....positivity in a squad is sacrosanct.

a bad apple, effects the barrel.

We have had our unfair share of seeing it.

Honestly, I'm just not sure if this one will work out. We don't play to his strengths, we don't particularly look great with 2 up top . Hope I'm wrong but the more I see the more I think we're wasting him completely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Honestly, I'm just not sure if this one will work out. We don't play to his strengths, we don't particularly look great with 2 up top . Hope I'm wrong but the more I see the more I think we're wasting him completely. 

This is entirely possible. I was a big advocate of us signing him, although do concede that we spent far too much on him. You're right, we fundamentally do not play to his strengths, he's not getting the sort of service he thrived on at Bristol City. This is Bruce's fault based on our approach.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is entirely possible. I was a big advocate of us signing him, although do concede that we spent far too much on him. You're right, we fundamentally do not play to his strengths, he's not getting the sort of service he thrived on at Bristol City. This is Bruce's fault based on our approach.

He played for brentford not Bristol city .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really should've buried that chance infront of the Holte.

Another big money villa striker lacking confidence I'm afraid!

Hopefully he will bang a few in soon and look a different player when full of confidence.

• Like 1

People were ready to toss kodjia out the team to build around this guy. 

I said earlier I don't think this signing was thought out too much. 

He can't play as a lone striker and we look crap with 2 upfront. I'm not sure what the long term plan with Scott Hogan will be. 

With the money already wasted on McCormack, we can't afford another expensive mistake. 

I think Hogan has positives and is clearly good at this level but i have little faith in Bruce making this signing and the team work. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He can't play as a lone striker and we look crap with 2 upfront. I'm not sure what the long term plan with Scott Hogan will be. 

With the money already wasted on McCormack, we can't afford another expensive mistake. 

I think Hogan has positives and is clearly good at this level but i have little faith in Bruce making this signing and the team work. 

I think he and kodija will both hit 20 goals next season - a goal at the holte to beat blues will see him on his way ;)

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

To be fair he can play as a lone striker, he did so with Brentford and look how well he done. He just doesn't get enough service with us right now, he gets about 1 good chance a game. That's the big issue.

Â