Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Great goal.  

He made really good runs (as usual).  His run gave Grealish space and created space for snodgrass.  It’s the kind of run that I always thought deserves an “assist” even though he never touched the ball in the sequence. 

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Great couple of headers. 

Still a pretty low amount of touches and passes to team mates but it's a step in the right direction. 

I don't think he will ever be that involved in the general play. He is a limited footballer in that sense. He is strong, quick, has a good leap and is a natural finisher. A bit like Bent I suppose.

• Like 2

To use FM terms we signed a poacher.

Not a complete forward, a false 9, target man, trequartista, deep lying forward or anything else.

We paid good money (way too much IMO) for a limited player, but a player who might be useful if used properly. He's not going to become a complete player and definitely not a target man.

He's by no way good enough to be someone we build the team around, and if he cant adapt, we cant play him to the detriment of the team. Loads of crap team has had strikers scoring for fun and finishing 13th in the table.

But if we can tweak the way we play a bit (like it sounds like we did yesterday?) it could be beneficial for us.

IF he can regain his confidence, big IF, the he could be very useful during the run in.

Hopefully this wasn't a one off.

• Like 1

Â