Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

On 02/01/2018 at 22:39, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just watched his goal back on 360 Cam.  Maybe its just me but I think the keeper has to save this as good as the header was.  Keepers feet and dive was all wrong.

Absolutely no chance. There's nothing wrong with the keepers footwork. What you can't really see from that angle is the flight the ball takes, it loops over him. It's a great header. 

Maybe should have done better with the second. 

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

He got injured just before he went off. If I recall he was gesturing at one of the Bristol City players as if he had kicked him off the ball?

Yeah, he motioned as if he was going to bang him out. 

The slight knock - if it were an important game I am sure they would let him play. No biggie, I wouldn't have started him anyway. 

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Absolutely no chance. There's nothing wrong with the keepers footwork. What you can't really see from that angle is the flight the ball takes, it loops over him. It's a great header. 

Maybe should have done better with the second. 

It really was inch perfect. Not much any keeper could have done the way it looped in. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Hogan out of tomorrow’s game in the Cup after twisting his ankle against brizzle.

shame but a chance to pair Davis and RHM in attack. 

Will be interesting to see who starts up front tomorrow and how many strikers, will we start with 1 or 2?

We only have a choice between RHM, Davis and Agbonlascore?

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Will be interesting to see who starts up front tomorrow and how many strikers, will we start with 1 or 2?

We only have a choice between RHM, Davis and Agbonlascore?

I agree, i’d like to see a front 2 but it’ll more likely be Davis on his Tod, supported by Green and O’Hare

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Kind of performance bent used to get slated for. 

Fantastic goal but just never in the game. As long as we win, then its job done but i hope we look to sign a forward this window. 

To be fair, Bent never worked as hard as Hogan does pressing and forcing defenders to clear under pressure. The contrast between him and Davis was scary.

• Like 1

Time for me to eat a massive slice of humble pie.

I have been very critical of Hogan and suggested he was a one-trick pony who could only score goals in Dean Smith’s rather ineffectual free-wheeling style of football.

But he is showing real grit, nous and shrewdness in the past few games.

I’m even allowing myself to dream that he is just about to enter a golden phase where his goals power us to automatic promotion.

Also thinking, much more of a team player than the Kodge.

• Like 1

Â