Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

I don't really think its a case of hogan not adapting. He is just totally unable to do the basics and get involved in the game. That's not being prepared to adapt, that's just not being good enough. 

He had a purple patch at brentford and we stupidly had a panic and jumped in for him. 

Whatever the reason it's just not happening for him here and we need to sell if we possibly can or loan him out and get another striker in on loan with the saved wages. 

It's just not going right. 

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm amazed people are still blaming the service to him. 

Every other striker and even samba has managed to look better with the same service. 

The excuses made for what are quite simply abysmal performances are pretty weak 

That's because Samba is 6'5 and hogan is 5'6. Obviously Samba would look the better striker the way we play. 

We have 2-3 shots a game, and win when we reduce the opposition to 2-3 shots as well. Law of averages dictates when we win rather than tactics. 

I'm still well of the belief that Hogan's issue with us is simply that we can't provide him the same service that he got from Brentford. We just don't setup to play that way.

I don't think he's a particularly great striker who can lead the line by himself, but if you give him chances he will score, we just can't provide him chances. 

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

That's because Samba is 6'5 and hogan is 5'6. Obviously Samba would look the better striker the way we play. 

We have 2-3 shots a game, and win when we reduce the opposition to 2-3 shots as well. Law of averages dictates when we win rather than tactics. 

What about RHM looking better in 12 minutes then?

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm still well of the belief that Hogan's issue with us is simply that we can't provide him the same service that he got from Brentford. We just don't setup to play that way.

I don't think he's a particularly great striker who can lead the line by himself, but if you give him chances he will score, we just can't provide him chances. 

Gestede says hi.

Did we not destroy his goal scoring record too. We hardly ever play to a strikers strengths. Watching the games it seems we try and play everyone as a goal scorer. We didn't even play Kodja as the target man. He has to make his own goals most of the time.

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder if Brentford would be interested in taking him back fir 7m? Smith didn't want to sell him and clearly hogan can't handle the pressure of playing for a big club

I don't think we can afford to sell him cheap as it would put us in more trouble with ffp.

Another counter productive move for all parties from the powers that be.

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What about RHM looking better in 12 minutes then?

Didnt watch the game, one of a handful I've missed in the last 3 decades so cant really comment.

However I'm guessing he looked better because Middlesbrough were chasing the game so there was more space for him. Also RHM has been out injured a long time and waiting for his chance, whereas Hogan is probably fed up with the way he has had to play for the last year. 

I don't think its a coincident that out of about 6 proven strikers that Bruce has used in the last 15 months; the only one to have looked any good is one that can take people on and create things for himself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Didnt watch the game, one of a handful I've missed in the last 3 decades so cant really comment.

However I'm guessing he looked better because Middlesbrough were chasing the game so there was more space for him. Also RHM has been out injured a long time and waiting for his chance, whereas Hogan is probably fed up with the way he has had to play for the last year. 

I don't think its a coincident that out of about 6 proven strikers that Bruce has used in the last 15 months; the only one to have looked any good is one that can take people on and create things for himself.

I think Bruce ball is not presenting our attackers with enough chances. But Hogan is so terrible at the moment it can't just be down to the way we play. He is incapable of doing the basics. Another chance today, would be wonderful if he actually contributed for a change. 

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Call yourself a fan! ;)

The reason RHM looked more effective is he came deep for the ball. He actually moved for it. He actually battled for it. He closed players down.  Hogan did non of this.

He literally just half heartedly strut around the pitch for 75 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

This has been said a few times.

Yea but it's January and we have two strikers on the bench now. Can't see Hogan getting many more chances after this if any if he doesn't perform. 

Â