Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

LINK!!!

Actually don't bother. 360 Cam sounds better than it is. Behind the goal cam has more truth to it. 

its a 360 behind the goal cam! 

I don't know how to post this link. Hope this is legal

Edit : Doesn't work on safari.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

its a 360 behind the goal cam! 

Edit : Doesn't work on safari.

Me likey. One step away from Villa VR which I remember the good doctor is very ahead of the curve on. 

• Like 2

Ive weekly lambasted him on here - and I still not totally convinced TBH.

But looking at the table - if he starts finding the net on a regular basis automatic promotion is very much on......

On 02/01/2018 at 19:48, av1 said:

Its been said a thousand times in here but if Hogan is going to a success here it really depends on the way we play. Now I'm not going to get on at Bruce here (I've done enough of that in the Bruce thread), but i think the style of play that suits Hogan also suits us.

Yesterday we pressed up the field, the inclusion of Jedinak (who i think is more disciplined in the DM slot that GW), also meant Hourihane could press and venture forward. It gave Grealish options and Hogan thrived. As well as the goal he is probably not getting enough credit for the header that led to the second. 

A criticism of Hogan would be that he can only play in a certain set up, but on the evidence of last night, that set up also benefits Aston Villa. 

More of the same please. 

cracking post

the bold bit is the key.

Hogan-ball suits the players we have

Bruce-ball doesnt

Hogan In

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 02/01/2018 at 15:05, Dick said:

Superb attitude.

Very much so and my favourite part of all that are his last words "five points in this league is nothing and with what we've got in that dressing room we'll be alright". 

Seems very professional and an honest lad. I hope he goes on a run of scoring goals now and does his part for the team and club. 

• Like 3

Don’t mean to be negative but it’s a bit of a worry that he only made 12 passes against City. I do like him and hope he’ll come good but he does need to show for the ball a bit more, hopefully that’ll come with confidence.

8 hours ago, stegzy said:

Don’t mean to be negative but it’s a bit of a worry that he only made 12 passes against City. I do like him and hope he’ll come good but he does need to show for the ball a bit more, hopefully that’ll come with confidence.

He showed for the ball, chased down defenders and made several runs not used throughout his time on the pitch. Looked a player with his confidence back in that game. It will have helped that we played as a team and everyone chased and harried them. It also helped that most of the time after the 1st 20 minutes that we played on the floor from the back. With 2 players in chester and hutton especially, carrying the ball forward and jedanik covering while they went forwards.

Twisted ankle means he misses posh.

This is the other thing with Hogan, even if he starts banging them in its only a matter of time before he falls down some stairs or walks into a door frame!

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Injured again...

I feel an ankle knock is the kind of injury where it's out of his control.

On the school playground getting a knock like that is nothing, but the physio would have likely written him out of action because of club policy and shit.

I am sure Hogan is perfectly fine and would play if they would let him play.

18 minutes ago, Daweii said:

On the school playground getting a knock like that is nothing, but the physio would have likely written him out of action because of club policy and shit.

Yeah its a shame as its the kind of game that will help his goal scoring run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Hopefully he will be back against Forest and carry on and start a nice little barron scoring spell for us.

Injured or not, I would like to see RHM start against posh rather than SH.

• Like 1

Â