Neil Taylor

One For The Road

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

There is literally nothing he could do now to endear himself to some fans...some players just put in too many poor performances that there's no going back.

Incorrect. 100% wrong.

Desperate to see some good performances from him because it looks like he's in the team to stay.

I'd keep him in v Arsenal actually as we're likely to have so little of the ball.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villaglint said:

I think Neil Taylor vs Pepe could be...interesting. Trouble is not sure Targett will fair any better, at least he'll have some legs to stand a chance of catching up with him. 

Pepe is lightning and tricky, I dread.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, KMitch said:

If Taylor is out of the team, who is the new scapegoat????  My money is on Wesley because he doesn't bang in a hat trick every game...

To be fair, a vast number of us have been saying Taylor is tripe for years!

As myself, when he performs well, he gets the praise.

That is not "scapegoating", it's popular observed opinion that he isn't good enough for what we want to do.

As with Hutton, when he started performing again, a number of us fell in love with him, but deep down we knew he wasn't good enough, and it proved so in the end.

The slating of Wesley, has more "scapegoat" potential.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 21/09/2019 at 04:32, KMitch said:

If Taylor is out of the team, who is the new scapegoat????  My money is on Wesley because he doesn't bang in a hat trick every game...

I'm sure people will let off Wesley when he scores his second goal in January.

Edited by AVTuco

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, a vast number of us have been saying Taylor is tripe for years!

As myself, when he performs well, he gets the praise.

That is not "scapegoating", it's popular observed opinion that he isn't good enough for what we want to do.

As with Hutton, when he started performing again, a number of us fell in love with him, but deep down we knew he wasn't good enough, and it proved so in the end.

The slating of Wesley, has more "scapegoat" potential.

I don’t know mate. I’ve seen quite a few people single him out this season for the reason we have not scored enough goals. 

Whilst I agree he is not good enough for where we want to be in the long term. 

For some to claim he is the problem and must he dropped at all costs it does feel like it’s scapegoating a little. 

• Like 2

Mings has really thrown Taylor under the bus today. He's made a horrendous mistake but as Taylor was in the vicinity there's no prize for guessing who'll take the brunt of the criticism. I thought he was fine - he had no help from El Ghazi again. I really think there's far more issues in the squad than Neil Taylor.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Horrific positioning for the second goal, joke of a player.

But that second goal was Mings having a stinker. What could he do, he could not know Mings has such a terrible header.

I actually think Taylor has been one of our better players this season. And I don't understand the praise that Mings has been getting.

Edited by DeepDish
  • Like 1

100% his fault that second.

Backed off as usual letting things play out. See what happens. Anything to not get involved. Oh someone on this pitch who is trying to play football and has just scored.

Stealing a living. Sick of watching him. Go away. What the hell he's even doing in the squad is a mystery to me and all the other players.

5 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

But that second goal was Mings having a stinker. What could he do, he could not know Mings has such a terrible header.

I actually think Taylor has been one of our better players this season. And I don't understand the praise that Mings has been getting.

Was a million miles away from the attacking player who put the ball in, terrible positioning, offers nothing good forward either.

Hopefully that puts an end to his unopposed run at LB. Of course, Mings did him no favours but he made a mistake as well there. If he were more switched on, he'd realize Mings cushioned that back to him, but he assumed he'd be hoofing out (he probably should have as well).

Â