Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Mings should have out the ball behind but only because it was Taylor. If there was a colleague with a good footballing brain there instead he would have read what Mings was doing and hoofed it clear. 

Taylor plays far too narrow for my liking and leaves the space out wide for the opposition to attack us. He needs to be wider when the opposition attack. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Mings should have out the ball behind but only because it was Taylor. If there was a colleague with a good footballing brain there instead he would have read what Mings was doing and hoofed it clear. 

Taylor plays far too narrow for my liking and leaves the space out wide for the opposition to attack us. He needs to be wider when the opposition attack. 

Yeah he just isn't intelligent enough to play those kinds of passes to, so Mings shoulders some of the blame. But that just shows we shouldn't have Taylor there in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hopefully that puts an end to his unopposed run at LB. Of course, Mings did him no favours but he made a mistake as well there. If he were more switched on, he'd realize Mings cushioned that back to him, but he assumed he'd be hoofing out (he probably should have as well).

If he weren't so narrow in the passage of play prior to that he may have cut out the ball across him. He's not a good defender.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I counted at least 2 occasions when he was free on the left and Mings ignored him, it's not a good situation when even our players don't want to pass to him. 

It was like playing with 10 men when he came on. He'd even be in acres of space on the left and nobody would even think to pass it to him because he literally can't do anything.

Dean it's time to be serious. If for any reason you can't play Targett, play Hause instead. Taylor is a wash at this level.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

I counted at least 2 occasions when he was free on the left and Mings ignored him, it's not a good situation when even our players don't want to pass to him. 

Vs West Ham, Jack had ball out wide for a good 30 seconds and everybody marked. Taylor was free and still blanked him

• Like 1

Shocking positioning for the second goal. 

When Jack turned round you could see him glance straight at Taylor and almost read his thoughts "Why the hell are you stood here next to me when they have a player out wide totally unmarked?" 

• Like 1

Â