Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I only watched about 15 minutes of that game, but jesus christ . . . forget everything bad I said about you Neil, there's no possible way you can be worse than Amavi, so welcome aboard I guess :unsure:

Give him time. He'll get there.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/neil-taylor-reveals-left-aston-12538335

Doesn't say a whole lot about the reasons why he left - but posted it as I think it is an interesting insight into how the player conducts himself.  Lots of positive messages about how he enjoyed his time there and was keen for a new challenge.  Comes across pretty well.  Of course part of the criticism from some Swansea fans was his close relationship with the press (apparently he could always be relied on for an exclusive for Swansea or Wales) - so it will be interesting to see how we feel about that in the coming months / seasons.

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I expect he'll start on Saturday. 

Hope he does well for us

Better defensively than amavi but no so much going forward - that said he will help the defence hold position better and not get dragged all over the place .

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 11:41, Eastie said:

Better defensively than amavi but no so much going forward - that said he will help the defence hold position better and not get dragged all over the place .

WellI'm hoping with the midfield we now have, we won't be relying on the full backs to provide too much attacking expertise. 

If he can actually defend, he'll be an improvement!

On 2/2/2017 at 11:41, Eastie said:

I've heard Swansea fans saying he's poor defensively and when he was dropped they defended better and conceded less

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I've heard Swansea fans saying he's poor defensively and when he was dropped they defended better and conceded less

Still conceded 5 against Arsenal when he didn't play.

Taylor was a regular when Swansea had good defensive records in 11/12 and 14/15.

I'm happy with the signing....international regular and plenty of experience.

Of course the problem is the majority of our really good signings on paper are really mediocre on grass atm.

Really hope we are not going to play 3-5-2/5-3-2 with full backs who sit back and can't/won't attack.

That would be pathetic and very much a McLeish tactic.

Edit: Especially if the plan is to have Jedi sit deep and protect the back 5

Edited by sne

Â