Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

352 May work away from home but it's not fluid enough at home where teams will soak up the pressure and hit us on the break - need to be more attack minded at home .

It doesn't work away either! I'd like to see it with Amavi and bree on the wings though

There were two guys behind me, (upper Holte), and the vitriol they had for Taylor was outrageous. We hadn't played 5 minutes and one of them called him a "useless sheep shagging bastard". It turns out they were Amavi fans, who they referred to as the best player we had at the club. For the record I think Amavi is a good player as a wing back, but in recent games has been poor and made a lot of mistakes. But to slag a player in a Villa shirt like that, particularly on his debut, was disgusting. I hadn't seem them before and they sounded like a pair of FIFA playing cliche sprouting knobs. Anyway that's that off my chest and nobody got thumped!

• Like 4

Taylor was the bright spark of the game for me. I was quite underwhelmed by this signing and his debut didn't change that. Before the game there was talk about what a threat Yedlin and Ritchie was and with Kodjia in front of Taylor it was quite worrying. But I must say I was very impressed by Taylor, he hardly put a foot wrong, was solid in defence and his passing was good (compare with Hutton - who I thought had a good game, but still either hoofs the ball or goes on a run by himself every time he has the ball).

Taylor looked like a player who has played left back all his life. Could it be that we finally have a solid left back? Keep it up!

Question is where this leaves Amavi though...

• Like 1

I thought he played well, Yedlin is one of best attacking right backs in league and Taylor stopped a lot of his crosses

i thought both full backs were grand compared to the 2 clowns in between them

• Like 1

I don't care where this leaves Amavi. Amavi has been absolutely shite this season and a massive disappointment. I expected him to step up and be one of the best in the league given the dramatic drop in level,  but he, like most of the other clowns who wear the shirt, just does not have the appetite. 

Taylor was one of the only success stories from last night's game.  I liked his endeavour.  I didn't know what type of left back he was before he joined us, but he seems to be willing to attack, and even to come inside as he's attacking.  Seems to have a bit of character about him.  If I'm basing it solely on last night then I like this guy :thumb:  Now keep it up!

• Like 2

Â