Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Amavi will leave end of season if we don't go up I reckon.

In any case he's been poor since xmas so I think Taylor could well come straight in.

I've always thought of Taylor as a solid enough player so bit bemused by the negativity. I'd have been happy to sign him when we were a prem club rather than garbage like Luna, Richardson and Bennett.

10 hours ago, vreitti said:

Well, from what I've seen he's never really stood out for me in a defensive point of view. He's rather lightweight, and also seems to have trouble with positioning. Gets exposed quite easily imo. He's however decent with the ball, and can also cross. I still think he's a lesser player than Amavi.

Also you have to look at this years results with Swansea, he's really been part of a disastrous defense. I haven't looked up the stats, but my gut feeling is that Swansea have let in less when he's been injured.

Swansea have just been a mess since selling Ashley Williams and signing a bunch of kids for defence...very similar to us last few years.

He was a first choice when they finished top 10 under Monk just two seasons ago.

I think a few are still forgetting we're not facing premier league strikers anymore...we've all seen the standard at this level. I struggle to believe Taylor will be a weak link at this level.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's really very average and has continually lost his place at Swansea - even to the point of where they sign Martin Olsson. Hopefully backup for Amavi. 

He barely played under old manager yet managed to get 2 clean sheets out of 3 the team has all season. 

From what I've seen of him he is better player overall than Cissokho so on that basis it is improving the squad.

Saying that I'm struggling to think of many left backs who aren't better than Cissokho!

Regardless, we need competition for places and back-up for Amavi which he offers.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not sure that's right...

He started one game under Guidolin and in that game he lasted 40 minutes before being hauled off.

He was pretty much an ever present when fit under clueless bob. In the 8 games he started we conceded 23 goals.

We've kept three clean sheets and he started one of those games - Sunderland. 

Edited by SwansFan
  • Like 2

Â