Neil Taylor

One For The Road

9 minutes ago, SwansFan said:

He started one game under Guidolin and in that game he lasted 40 minutes before being hauled off.

He was pretty much an ever present when fit under clueless bob. In the 8 games he started we conceded 23 goals.

We've kept three clean sheets and he started one of those games - Sunderland. 

This is a large part of the reason why I think he's complete pants. He looked abysmal in those games.

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

My bad I was using fantasy stats as guide. Credited with 2nd CS as played over 60 mins and subbed off before they conceded

Yeah. Palace away.

His replacement scored the winner

Edited by SwansFan

Just now, SwansFan said:

Incorrect.

We kept clean sheets against Burnley and Watford. He was on the bench for Watford and didn't come on. Wasn't even in the squad for Burnley

He got a CS against Palace in fantasy because when subbed off on 70 mins Palace hadn't scored. As I said my bad for using fantasy stats originally without checking harder

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He got a CS against Palace in fantasy because when subbed off on 70 mins Palace hadn't scored. As I said my bad for using fantasy stats originally without checking harder

Yeah you're right mate. He played well first half then he was an accident waiting to happen until he went off 

15 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

People thinking Neil Taylor is an upgrade on Amavi are going to be severely disappointed.

He isn't necessarily . But he is definitely an upgrade on Cissokho and competition for places is a prerequisite for a promotion push. 

• Like 2

Why are Bruce and Round signing a player and stacking all the odds firmly against him right from the off?

We are giving away a very talented player in Jordan Ayew for a back-up left back and a few million. Bad business.

We are bringing in a player with a reputation for having a bad attitude. Consider me McCormacked. By which I mean, we seem to sign a bad attitude player every window and I'm sick of it. We know what happens, it's currently happening right now and it's £12mil being flushed down the toilets in the under 23 locker room. Along with £60k per week. If there's a chance his attitude stinks, stay away. 

We have loaned out a highly experienced 29 left back who failed to live up to his initial hype and promise and looked a little out of his depth in the Prem, for essentially the same, just British and younger. But continuing to pay (at least a proportion of) both their wages.

I haven't watched much of this guy, I'm just talking about the stats and information from people who have watched him. We had a player who might not be good enough for "the mighty villa" but right now we're a midtable championship side, so Cissokho is a very very good backup option for our position.

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He reminds me of Nicky Shorey, nice footballer but a bit lightweight,

So that will be 2 x lightweights at LB

lets hope they can change my opinion.

17 minutes ago, McGregor's Ghost said:

I'm sorry, please can somebody explain what exactly Ayew has contributed to our season thus far?

I can name 3 games he came off the bench in and almost single gabdedly swung them in our favour...

Forest, Reading and Burton

31 minutes ago, skarroki said:

We have loaned out a highly experienced 29 left back who failed to live up to his initial hype and promise and looked a little out of his depth in the Prem, for essentially the same, just British and younger. But continuing to pay (at least a proportion of) both their wages.

I haven't watched much of this guy, I'm just talking about the stats and information from people who have watched him. We had a player who might not be good enough for "the mighty villa" but right now we're a midtable championship side, so Cissokho is a very very good backup option for our position.

Cissokho is **** shit. If Taylor is that bad then fair enough, you'll have a point. Time will tell. 

30 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Why are Bruce and Round signing a player and stacking all the odds firmly against him right from the off?

We are giving away a very talented player in Jordan Ayew for a back-up left back and a few million. Bad business.

We are bringing in a player with a reputation for having a bad attitude. Consider me McCormacked. By which I mean, we seem to sign a bad attitude player every window and I'm sick of it. We know what happens, it's currently happening right now and it's £12mil being flushed down the toilets in the under 23 locker room. Along with £60k per week. If there's a chance his attitude stinks, stay away. 

Cissokho is a joke, it says it all about where he's gone.

Taylor is a decent player, I've watched him for Wales for a long time and he's always seemed capable at worst, Cissokho could seem just about capable, on a good day, at his best.

Ayew has been a joke for most of this season too, don't understand your post sorry, to me it's potentially good business.

I think you're both missing my point. Cissokho is bad, yes. So are most midtable championship second choice left backs. Why bother replacing someone who hasn't played since October and pay for his and the new guys wages and have them both on the books, at least temporarily, come the summer? 

If he turns out good enough to replace Amavi in the XI and is solid and consistent I'll take no issue. I'm just, in I realise a negative manner, pointing out the potential drawbacks to this transfer 

Â