Neil Taylor

One For The Road

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Did well until Amavi came on and they started running into each other , but that happens when you have 4 full backs on the pitch at the same time !!

Who were the four full backs? Bjarnasson suddenly a right back now? Or are we classing Bacuna as a full back even though he was up front? I get that Bruce has been negative but let's not make things up! 

• Like 4

He works really hard, my main gripe, and this is from his Wrexham days and following of Wales too, is that he can give too much space to the wide man. He narrows the gap well when they shape up to cross but it does allow over-laps and loose tackles a lot. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Who were the four full backs? Bjarnasson suddenly a right back now? Or are we classing Bacuna as a full back even though he was up front? I get that Bruce has been negative but let's not make things up! 

Bacuna has often played fullback and has done so under Bruce. It's an exaggeration for comic effect but based reasonably enough in historical precedent !

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

How about this exaggeration... Before Bacuna got sent off, we were playing with 7 midfielders! Super attacking Bruce going for the win, in Barcelona style!

Ignoring the exaggeration slightly and making a general observation. We were winning and I guess what he did was try to preserve our only fit striker for Tuesday night.

Back on topic it is nice to see a decent LB in a Villa shirt who knows how to defend.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Lol at this thread. Reading back a couple of pages - terrible signing, the new Alan Hutton etc etc. 

Now - Good signing, nice to have a left back who can defend etc etc. 

Absolute classic Villa Talk. 

I thought he has been OK all round. Nothing more. Pretty much as expected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lol at this thread. Reading back a couple of pages - terrible signing, the new Alan Hutton etc etc. 

Absolute classic Villa Talk. 

I thought he has been OK all round. Nothing more. Pretty much as expected. 

It's almost like different people have different opinions ;)

But he's better better than I was expecting to be honest. My expectations weren't very high.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So yes, the new Alan Hutton. ^_^

Â