Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Page completely unusable for me atm on mobile view because of Paddy Power advert that fills screen and can't exit out of regardless of refresh. Don't even have Paddy Power in NZ. Stitched to desktop mode just to post this. 

Thought it was only happening to me.

• Like 1

He is at least looking like a capable footballer again.

Still too negative, every time he receives the ball he stops it dead, it's rare he takes it with forward momentum which results in him nearly always looking backward or sideways for a pass instead of looking/going forward.

I'm not convinced his heart's in it any more, seems to go through the motions.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Still too negative, every time he receives the ball he stops it dead, it's rare he takes it with forward momentum which results in him nearly always looking backward or sideways for a pass instead of looking/going forward.

Exactly this. He's the Glenn Whelan of left backs. I also agree that he's not arsed. He has 5 kids and I'd say he knows his career is done and he's made enough money to provide for them. 

Edited by villa89

Put in no crosses that I recall

every pass is behind the midfielder who was to run backwards towards our own goal to collect, killing momentum.

compare him to Elmo on the other side, who isn’t brilliant himself, and we have no forward threat from left back at all.  

We’ve reached the point of thinking he’s done well when he’s just done the basics of defending ok.

axel back in the middle and Hause at LB can’t come soon enough for me.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Put in no crosses that I recall

I've noticed this with him, he does it on purpose because he knows he can't cross.

He often pretends there is no opportunity to cross just so he can lay it off to someone else, he is incredibly limited going forward. 

I was at the Swansea game (we lost 3-0) in the upper trinity, he had a chance to cross with no one around him, he pushed it forward a little bit then again, by this time someone closed him down, he then switch it to his right foot and played it straight to another one of their players. There were 3 people waiting for a cross.  

Terrible player who has to go in the summer.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He is at least looking like a capable footballer again.

Got an "assist" yesterday though 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Page completely unusable for me atm on mobile view because of Paddy Power advert that fills screen and can't exit out of regardless of refresh. Don't even have Paddy Power in NZ. Stitched to desktop mode just to post this. 

Surely you cant be blaming Taylor for that ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thug said:

We’ve reached the point of thinking he’s done well when he’s just done the basics of defending ok.

I think that sums up Taylor's contribution accurately. He lacks both technique and confidence to contribute positively going forward..

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Exactly this. He's the Glenn Whelan of left backs. I also agree that he's not arsed. He has 5 kids and I'd say he knows his career is done and he's made enough money to provide for them. 

Wiki says 2 kids? 

He is fine without the ball, but atrocious with it. He doesn't what to do with it, can't pass, can't cross. We looked so much better with Hause at left back, because he passed and moved, which I rarely see Taylor do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Best performance in a Villa shirt today. Didn’t put a foot wrong.

Disagree.

Didn't do any mistakes and won the ball on several occasions but didn't pose any attacking threat.

Don't remember any crosses from him that led to chances. He played ok,  nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Disagree.

Didn't do any mistakes and won the ball on several occasions but didn't pose any attacking threat.

Don't remember any crosses from him that led to chances. He played ok,  nothing more.

So he didn’t put a foot wrong then did he. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Disagree.

Ridiculous. Won the ball countless times in Boro's half to push us going forward.

Had a great game today, and linked up well with El-Ghazi. Well done Neil.

• Like 1

Just now, Jay.P.A said:

Ridiculous. Won the ball countless times in Boro's half to push us going forward.

Had a great game today, and linked up well with El-Ghazi. Well done Neil.

I never said he didn't play well, i said he weren't the best player on the pitch

Â