Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I said a poor signing. You're listing some of the worst signings we've made in years. 

Now who is going OTT

Congrats you've won the argument 

Here was me replying to you saying BB was poor signing and replying listing players that cost a lot more, who've done **** all in a villa shirt when BB cost less and did more on the pitch.. 

I'll duck out at this point 

Edited by Jimzk5

I always liked him, seemed to give his all on the pitch,. but did seem distant to the rest of the quad off it, and of course his performances were very mixed, and often poor. Did a job in the Champ, but time to move on.  To be fair to him we played him all over the place and he never had a good solid run to get confidence and clarity on his role in the team.  Always felt like he was not a DCM or a CM or a winger which is what we need. He is a LM best suited to a 4-4-2 and we don't play that way. Goes with my good wishes. 

• Like 1

Good luck to him.

Like the Hogan loan I think this is the best move for both parties.

He's nowhere near good enough for the premier league so if he stayed he wouldn't get any gametime and we'd be paying his wages for nothing.

Fair play to him for not wanting to just pick up a pay cheque. A poor signing but not his fault. Wish him the best.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Congrats you've won the argument 

Here was me replying to you saying BB was poor signing and replying listing players that cost a lot more, who've done **** all in a villa shirt when BB cost less and did more on the pitch.. 

I'll duck out at this point 

Haha I wasn't trying to have an argument. I posted my opinion and you told me I was being OTT again. You seemed to be looking for the argument. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Couldn't even give him away. Says it all really.

Probably only clubs interested in him were in Swiss league and Italian second division (where he's played most of his career) so imagine his wages were far too much and we weren't going to loan him out with one year left on his deal.

Anyway was quite excited when he signed as he was good in euro 2016 and looked the sort of low cost euro transfer we should've been doing instead of 25m on Hogan and McCormack. Not the worst player we've ever had but underwhelming. Did an o.k job in 17/18 but very much a fringe player last season.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, privateer said:

@Jonsi77 Mate, mate, we're worried about you.

If you can't talk to us, just reach out elsewhere. :thumb::lol:

20180304b.JPG

Don't worry im sure Birkir will get plenty of offers from pl clubs. After all he got such valuable experience!😂

Edited by villalad21

Gave his best when called upon to do so and that toe poke against Wolves was a delight.

It made sense for him to move on in search of games, that would have been rare to come by with us, following our promotion. Chose not to stick around and gather the wages, that he would have been entitled to, as others have done without playing matches to earn that money. 

There are only winners today. Our club won't be paying the salary of a player who is not expected to be involved in the first team and will not be paying a proportion of his wages, whilst he is on loan somewhere else. Birkir is in a strong position as a free agent, to join a club of his own choosing. Thanks and good luck for the future Birkir, with your new club and with your country. 

• Like 1

Â