Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

That's just so silly. Look I can understand why you might have voluntarily expunged our crappest from your memory, but Leonhardsen and Mark Kinsella immediately say hello. Isiah Osbourne, we still have Tshibola on our books ffs. Salifou, Jean II Macroon ( forgotten actual name )  Djemba-Djemba, Berson?( I liked Berson tbf ), Chris Herd, just a few others who were actively bad or not good enough.Bjarnason has offered more than all those easily. he's far from the best, but if he ends up playing occasionally this season where injuries happen, I'm fine with it. 

I'm so bored with absurdly over the top pronouncements. Fine, you don't rate him, but stuff like "the worst ever" is just ridiculous.

I totally agree, except for Eric Djemba-Djemba a player so bad they named him twice and totally deserving of an over the top award. Perhaps the worst double barrel named player who’s parents were brother and sister?

• Haha 1

Did not cost much, filled a few roles, scored the odd decent goal but surely is not Prem League standard and I expect him to be sold/sent out on loan. Not the worst player I have seen at Villa but not that great either. I think we saw the best of him when he came off the bench versus tiring teams and he scored the odd good goal like Wolves at home under Brucey.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Honestly think he is one of the worst midfielders I've seen for this club the last 30 years. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rodders said:

That's just so silly. Look I can understand why you might have voluntarily expunged our crappest from your memory, but Leonhardsen and Mark Kinsella immediately say hello. Isiah Osbourne, we still have Tshibola on our books ffs. Salifou, Jean II Macroon ( forgotten actual name )  Djemba-Djemba, Berson?( I liked Berson tbf ), Chris Herd, just a few others who were actively bad or not good enough.Bjarnason has offered more than all those easily. he's far from the best, but if he ends up playing occasionally this season where injuries happen, I'm fine with it. 

I'm so bored with absurdly over the top pronouncements. Fine, you don't rate him, but stuff like "the worst ever" is just ridiculous.

Leonardsen was a much much better footballer than Bjarnason. He didn't do great for us, but we were in the PL and it was a completely different time. I've seen enough of both. Kinsella wasn't great either, but still better than Bjarnason. Salifou is around Bjarnasons level. Berson I quite liked. Herd did alright the few times I saw him. Makoun I didn't mind. Bjarnason is easily worse than all of those. Salifou and Tshibola I'll give you. Bit like arguing what you prefer of dog shit and cow shit mind. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Leonardsen was a much much better footballer than Bjarnason. He didn't do great for us, but we were in the PL and it was a completely different time. I've seen enough of both. Kinsella wasn't great either, but still better than Bjarnason. Salifou is around Bjarnasons level. Berson I quite liked. Herd did alright the few times I saw him. Makoun I didn't mind. Bjarnason is easily worse than all of those. Salifou and Tshibola I'll give you. Bit like arguing what you prefer of dog shit and cow shit mind. 

Cow dung. No contest.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rodders said:

pffft. Worst post ever

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Brett Holman anyone? He looked basically like a county mid distance runner who would occasionally lose the ball for us.

Dawkins debut always sticks in my mind. Played like how I'd imagine I'd have played if I'd been given the chance.

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Brett Holman anyone? He looked basically like a county mid distance runner who would occasionally lose the ball for us.

To be fair, Brett Holman is actually an excellent comparison for Bjarnason.

Very very similar players. 

Honestly I think Holman was probably better, but Bjarnason certainly isn't amongst the worst ever. He did enough last season to avoid that.

He is shit though.

• Like 1

I reckon he would do very well on the wing at Leeds. High tempo/energy forward player that Bielsa likes. About his level.

Unfortunately for him, he will not start a game for Villa in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You are always so angry. You live in wealthiest country in the world. You should try to be positive.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair, Brett Holman is actually an excellent comparison for Bjarnason.

Very very similar players. 

Honestly I think Holman was probably better, but Bjarnason certainly isn't amongst the worst ever. He did enough last season to avoid that.

He is shit though.

Idle musings in lieu of any transfer updates...out of curiosity, who do you rate/prefer more - Thor, Taylor or Hogan? Which name appearing on the team sheet is the least objectionable to you?

I suspect you’ll say Thor, then maybe Hogan then Taylor, but just wanted you to confirm my guess.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

I suspect you’ll say Thor, then maybe Hogan then Taylor, but just wanted you to confirm my guess.

Bjarnason first, but genuinely couldn't pick between Hogan and Taylor.  Put a gun to my head.... eh, think I'd say pull the trigger.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Idle musings in lieu of any transfer updates...out of curiosity, who do you rate/prefer more - Thor, Taylor or Hogan? Which name appearing on the team sheet is the least objectionable to you?

Thor > Taylor > Hogan

Workings:

Thor isn't very good. But he's managed to perform well on occasion for Aston Villa, he has a good attitude and workrate and showed at least some value. I just think he's been poor for most of his time here and he's nowhere near good enough for the Prem.

Taylor is basically the same as Thor. Not very good, but attitude and workrate is fine. I just think he's slightly worse than Thor.

Hogan is similar, nothing wrong with his attitude and workrate, he just lacks ability. The difference with him is that he has never done anything of value in an Aston Villa shirt and he was far more expensive. He's by far the biggest flop of the three.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thor > Taylor > Hogan

Workings:

Thor isn't very good. But he's managed to perform well on occasion for Aston Villa, he has a good attitude and workrate and showed at least some value. I just think he's been poor for most of his time here and he's nowhere near good enough for the Prem.

Taylor is basically the same as Thor. Not very good, but attitude and workrate is fine. I just think he's slightly worse than Thor.

Hogan is similar, nothing wrong with his attitude and workrate, he just lacks ability. The difference with him is that he has never done anything of value in an Aston Villa shirt and he was far more expensive. He's by far the biggest flop of the three.

Fair. It’s how I would place them too. I guessed you’d put Hogan ahead of Taylor (by the tiniest of margins) as I’ve felt that occasionally your criticisms of Hogan have had a slight hint of sympathy towards him compared to Taylor. Perhaps I’ve misread the tone of some of the posts.

I’ve been more accepting of Thor’s time here as there’s always the possibility he took longer to settle in this country-no suggestion that was the case, but it’s possible; we clearly didn’t know what position he was most capable in for months; he was a comparatively cheap transfer punt.

Â