Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, Jonsi77 said:

Closer to PL exp. than most of other in Villa squad.

But pales in comparison to the experience we have in John Terry.

Look, Bjarnason wasn’t going to get into the starting eleven anyway, and if all he can bring is experience (which, again, of the PL he has none) and not much in the way of ability, then what’s the point?

Edited by Ginko

19 minutes ago, Ginko said:

But pales in comparison to the experience we have in John Terry.

Look, Bjarnason wasn’t going to get into the starting eleven anyway, and if all he can bring is experience (which, again, of the PL he has none) and not much in the way of ability, then what’s the point?

John Terry?? Is he player? Seriea sampdoría,pescara championsleague exp. also. Could have been good to have that kind of player in squad.Showed good performance when he played in pre games. But i think DS has already in mai decide this. 

2 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

World cup and euro finals and goals on that level plus 78 caps - not usefull exp. alright :)

Experience is great.

But it doesn't make up for a significant lack of ability. 

He's crap.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

It seems a bit odd that he left as he did and has not yet joined a club, unless he has a ton of offers and he’s trying to decide but I’m not seeing any real benefit for him or us under the current situation.

Had he become a bad egg within the squad? Never struck me as the kind but what do we know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It seems a bit odd that he left as he did and has not yet joined a club, unless he has a ton of offers and he’s trying to decide but I’m not seeing any real benefit for him or us under the current situation.

Had he become a bad egg within the squad? Never struck me as the kind but what do we know.

I wouldn't say bad egg but definitely a mood killer around the place.

I imagine he is looking for offers closer to home, he was apparently living out of a hotel in all his time here and was a bit of a loner.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I imagine he is looking for offers closer to home, he was apparently living out of a hotel in all his time here and was a bit of a loner.

Closer to home? Does Iceland even have a professional league?

Unless he can play in northern Scotland and fly in. 

Maybe Greenland? ;)

On 08/09/2019 at 10:17, rodders0223 said:

I never understand footballers or managers who live out of hotels. Mourinho did it at United for years if I remember right. Why?

Surely it's cheaper to just rent an apartment somewhere? 

46 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I never understand footballers or managers who live out of hotels. Mourinho did it at United for years if I remember right. Why?

Or buy something for cash and sell it after 2 years, most likely making a profit...

On 09/09/2019 at 17:47, Czechlad said:

Exactly and it's not like there aren't any around either, any major city now has high rise apartments going up all over the place.

It's inexcusable really.

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

It is very strange he hasnt found a club yet. Regardless of his suitability for us surely he is more than good enough for a lot of Championship teams? As others have said we must be missing some information I guess. 

I wish him well.

He wants to play in a Thor Thor 2 formation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â