Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

feels odd we couldn't even get any kind of fee, he was ok, by no means a bad signing as he scored some decent goals and put in some good performances (granted not that many), wouldn't look out of place at a lower league Championship club or any league one club.

probably cost us a few million just to get rid of him, on top of the millions paid to get McCormack to sod off.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Good deal for both parties, he gets paid off and can find a new club and we make a saving on probably our 6th/7th choice midfielder. He wasnt going to play much and I imagine we tried ship Lansbury out before and was with no takers

He also had a pre-season here so he can fit into a club straightaway

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I am surprised we couldn't find someone to take him for a nominal fee, even say 50, 100k. 

i just wouldnt feel right taking money off someone for him

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Very average player at championship level. A poor signing  

Disagree. Average mayby but he contributed on the pitch and put a shift in when he played, scored a few goals too. 

Your just being a bit OTT again. 

Good luck thor 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Disagree. Average mayby but he contributed on the pitch and put a shift in when he played, scored a few goals too. 

Good luck thor 

I'm being OTT but you agreed his average and villa have just released him. 

Yeah, clearly so OTT

This is all a part of the progress....it was inevitable.

You cannot leave demise and just land in success.....it is incremental.......and that's what this is.

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Good luck thor 

The fact that there's no interest in him may suggests he's not OTT and you just got this wrong. 

Fwiw seems he can sign for a club the next 4 days and still play this season. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, clearly so OTT

think its the poor signing part. He cost maybe a million, not on big wages and played nearly 60 times and got some crucial goals at times for us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, clearly so OTT

He was average championship player when we were an average championship club

At £2million I think he relayed that with what he did on the pitch

It's not like tsishbola, Hogan, lansbury, mccormack who were signed for lots more and contributed even less 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would agree that he was an average player for us, but I would disagree that he was a poor signing.  He never let us down and changed positions during his time here and acquitted himself putting in some important performances.  I think he'll do well wherever he goes next and he leaves with his head held high and his reputation enhanced.

This was what I was trying to say

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

He was average championship player when we were an average championship club

At £2million I think he relayed that with what he did on the pitch

It's not like tsishbola, Hogan, lansbury, mccormack who were signed for lots more and contributed even less 

I said a poor signing. You're listing some of the worst signings we've made in years. 

Now who is going OTT

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would agree that he was an average player for us, but I would disagree that he was a poor signing.  He never let us down and changed positions during his time here and acquitted himself putting in some important performances.  I think he'll do well wherever he goes next and he leaves with his head held high and his reputation enhanced.

I think he did. He consistently performed below the expected level. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think he did let us down. He clearly wasn't good enough and had a handful of games where he actually contributed. 

The fact we've released him adds to it. Clearly no one was prepared to buy him or pay a loan fee. 

Â