Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

He looks like a good player to me, but if we continue to play so directly, I doubt we'll see the best of him. 

Got a left foot like Chris Brunt. And that's a compliment.

Yep, it's a very simple point that a lot of people are missing. If we don't keep the ball in the middle then we simply won't see the best of him at all whatsoever. Unless the tactics (or manager) changes we're going to have to get used to him not being particularly influential outside of his set pieces. 

• Like 2

Really thought and felt Lansbury would (and should) have been played as the furthest forward, most advanced/attacking of the midfielders and that Hourihane would be given a deeper role to create from. We've not seen quite how good either player can be for us, mainly down to Bruce and his flawed "tactics". I know we're missing Jedinak but then why let Tshibola leave? I assumed Hourihane would've been the better option for temporarily covering that position but, oh well...(as usual)

The longer things go on like this, the more pressure there will be on Bruce, the sooner he's gone the better at this rate... why get these players without any clear idea of how to use them or fit them into a "system"?

He can take his 5-3-2 and shove it up his arse too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Really thought and felt Lansbury would (and should) have been played as the furthest forward, most advanced/attacking of the midfielders and that Hourihane would be given a deeper role to create from. We've not seen quite how good either player can be for us, mainly down to Bruce and his flawed "tactics". I know we're missing Jedinak but then why let Tshibola leave? I assumed Hourihane would've been the better option for temporarily covering that position but, oh well...(as usual)

The longer things go on like this, the more pressure there will be on Bruce, the sooner he's gone the better at this rate... why get these players without any clear idea of how to use them or fit them into a "system"?

He can take his 5-3-2 and shove it up his arse too!

532 the way Bruce is using it will not work at home - it's too negative to play like that against barnsley at home .

may be better suited at Newcastle next week .

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

The new Ashley Westwood though probably not as good 

haha If Westwood gets as many assists the rest of his career than Hourihane gets this season.. i will be shocked. 

Its clear we have let players go and they have gone elsewhere and performed.. we just need to find a tactical manager. We keep hiring inexperienced managers or dinosaurs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

He was incredible at Barnsley

Joins us and turns into shite overnight, its not him it's the tactics and the way were setup.

I remain convinced that barely any (if any!) of us watched him at Barnsley and have no idea how he played there.  We've seen amazing statistics with regards to assists and deemed him to be brilliant based on that.

• Like 2

Hourihane is quoted as "not ruling out the play off places", now even I who likes to be optimistic and has said many times during the earlier part of the season up until recently that anything can happen in this league and we can get play offs, doesn't believe this is even possible anymore, but I like the attitude that he has. 

Â